8. SHE DEVIL (edited)

Felix's POV

For the first time in a long time, I was speechless. For the life of me, I could not believe that a random woman had come to my home and claimed to have been my fiancé. I looked away from Cindy and walked up the stairs. I paused as I got to the entrance of my room, an unsettling feeling set at the bottom of my stomach. I unlocked my door and there the woman was, lying on my bed in a sexual position.

"Jenna, what the heck are you doing on my bed—my bad, what the heck are you doing in my house?" I scolded at her. If there was one person who should not have been at my house, it was definitely Jenna Heart.

"Oh Felix is that how you greet your fiancé?" She said, almost looking hurt by what I said. I did not care what she felt, my biggest concern and the unanswered question remained, what was she doing at my home? Jenna climbed of my bed and she approached me, he hands reached for my collar but I slapped it away.

"First things first, don't you ever walk into my house and act like you own it. This is the last time that you walk into my house and even worse on my bed. One last thing, I don't ever want you to misinform people that that the both of us are engaged" I warned her, pointing my finger right at her but even this did not send fear shooting through Jenna.

"Felix but, but I thought that we had something special" Jenna tried to justify her actions but even that did not faze me.

"Well you thought wrong!" I yelled at her and she stepped back. I could tell that I had scared her. She quickly grabbed her purse and shoes from my bed and turned to face me, looking bitterly at me.

"You haven't heard the last of me Felix, I'll be back" She threatened. Her threats meant nothing to me; my only concern was getting her out of my home for good.

"Jenna, no amount of threats will make me change my mind about this. Now get out of my room and most importantly leave my house and never come back again" I informed her.

With her shoes in her hand, she placed it into her bag in anger. Not long after that, I had asked Cindy to escort Jenna off my premises, which I later regretted, because Jenna had insulted Cindy on her way out.

I later sat in my home office, hours later reviewing a case. This case involved a man who been abusing both his wife and daughter, who were my client for over seven years and it was now up to me to make sure that the man was locked and put behind bars for a very long time.

Nothing hurt me more than men abusing women and children, I was never one to stand up for it, and I never will. While reviewing the case, I kept thinking of Cindy.

How is it possible that I defend all these defenseless people and put the bad people behind bars, while I myself am the bad person?

Not long, there was a knock on my door; I already knew who it was.

"Who is it?" I still asked.

"It's me, Cindy" She answered on the other side of the door.

Of course, it is her stupid; she is the only one that lives with you.

"Come in, the door is open" I answered and watched as she unlocked the door and walked in. Cindy carried a tray in her hand and she placed the tray of food onto the table.

Dammit! She knows how I like my coffee. I thought to myself.

"How did you knock the door when you had a tray in your hands?" I asked her and she smiled.

"Let us just say that I am super woman" She joked, which got a chuckle out of me.

She then excused herself and walked out of my office, leaving me alone to face the silence in my office. I tried to focus my mind back to my work, but it did not work. As if for some reason, I could not get my head back into cracking the case. All this was because Cindy was on my mind the entire mind.

I stayed awake for hours and hours, reviewing the case but it seems as if I kept getting distracted. Now it was midnight and I was on my fifth cup of black coffee, even though it did not do the job. I hoped and prayed that it would knock me out cold but then again, maybe it was best that the cup of coffee knocked me out.

After I could not sleep, I walked downstairs to the kitchen, only to find Cindy sitting in the kitchen with an extra cup of black coffee awaiting me. She handed me the cup of coffee and I took it. I did not question her on how she had known that I needed that extra cup of coffee.

"So why are you awake this late at night?" I asked her, hoping that she would open up to me.

"I am feeling home sick I guess" She confessed. Just when I thought that she would open up to me, Cindy retrieved back to her space. Cindy went back to looking at her coffee and now there was a silence atmosphere clawing its way into the kitchen.

"Cindy I have something to tell you, but you can't tell anyone not even my best friend" I whispered to her, even though there was only me and Cindy in the entire house.

She nodded in agreement and looked at me but something in those brown eyes had me frozen for a second or two until I snapped out of it. I took out some papers that I had kept in my pocket and handed it to her.

"What are these?" Cindy asked me. I hated that I had to do this but there was no other way around it. For days, I had been planning this and surely, there was a risk that I might lose my license in practicing law.

"That Cindy is your new identity. Since my friend brought you, you got into the states without any visa or passport. To put it in lame man term, you are not recognized or rather, you are an illegal immigrant. I pulled a few strings and got you this" I informed her.

Cindy took her social security card and scanned through; she then lifted her head and looked at me.

"It says here that my name is Precious Manuel, I'm twenty-two years old and some other stuff" Cindy told me but I already knew that.

She went on and on, because she felt as if she was stealing someone's identity from them.

"Cindy it's stealing anyone's identity, it's only temporary until I can get you your own papers okay" I informed her, knowing deep down that there was a huge chance that that might not happen.

It seemed as though Cindy believed the half lie that I had told her, for now. The next few days I would have to work out a way to get Cindy proper identity documents, for some reason I hated her thinking of me as liar.

Cindy smiled as she played with the card in her hand and looked up at me.

"So, I guess I am now Precious Manuel then" She smiled.