•diecinueve•

[Still] Christmas Eve

"Harry!" Molly Weasley says as she quickly and happily hobbles over to him with a slight limp before wrapping him into a motherly hug. "We should have owled first, I know, but when I asked Ron why you weren't coming to dinner for Christmas again, he said you were pregnant and I told everyone we just had to bring dinner to you!" She looked so happy to see him and it made a smile work its way onto his face as well.

"It's good to see you lot too, Molly." He quickly glanced down at her leg then back up at her face.

"Oh! A bludger fell on my foot at the last backyard game when I went to call everyone in for lunch," She said blushing.

"Molly, you should be resting!"

"I'm fine, dear. Baking is how I rest. I'm here for you today, Harry." She giggled happily. "Another grandchild!Congratulations to you both by the way," she said looking over to where Draco was standing watching his father who had yet to even acknowledge Harry's existence.

"Thank you, Mrs. Weasley," Draco said, proper as usual.

"Draco, dear, how many times have I told you to call me Molly?"

"Not enough, it seems," he says with a small smile as he nods politely in her direction.

"Well while I have you in here, would you mind helping me prepare some desserts? I saw you had already made dinner. I can go pick some things up from the house if it isn't quite enough, but I want to spend time with my family," she looked at Harry pointedly. "All of them."

"Ahem," Lucius cleared his throat and looked in Arthur's direction. "Shall the grandfathers go and have a drink then?" He offered through clenched teeth. Mr. Weasley narrowed his eyes for a moment as if sizing Lucius up in his own family home before smiling at whatever he found and agreeing wholeheartedly. They both left the room and Harry was immediately turning on his husband.

"That wasn't your father," Harry decided immediately. "There was a man in our kitchen who looked like Lucius Malfoy, but was certainly not him, by any stretch of the imagination."

"Mother has been working with him." The pale man shrugged lightly with a smirk. "Old dogs can be forcibly taught new tricks, you know?"

"You said he coulsn't be in Lily's life if he didn't play nice, didn't you?" Harry said through a snort.

"Not in so many words," Draco said with a sinister grin, from across the counter as he pushed his sleeves up and smiled at the ravenette.

"I love you, did you know?"

"No, surprisingly, I did not," responded the blonde sarcastically. "Now get out of the kitchen, Potter. Mother, Molly and I are busy."

"I'm going, I'm going..." He rolled his eyes before speaking again and heading out. "I'm glad you're here, Molly."

"Glad to be here."

He walked out of the kitchen and made a shard turn into the dinning room where he stopped almost immediately when he noticed the number of voices in the room and how they all seemed to stop when he entered.

"Stopping whatever you were saying midsentence doesn't stop me from knowing that you were talking about me," he said annoyed before turning to walk out of the room towards where one of the sitting rooms were. "Don't even worry about it though, I was just heading back up to my bedroom until dinner was ready. I hope you all enjoy yourselves or- uh- yeah."