•once•

Draco is proud to say that he didn't cave immediately. He is less proud to admit that he did cave, which is why for the rest of his free period he was holed up in Harry's classroom explaining wizardly pregnancies to the students, helping his husband answer any questions they may have.

Scorpius was practically preening with the fact that those were his parents at the front of the room. They weren't cool by any means, but they were just awkward and dorky enough where everyone still loved their interactions together. He had never noticed that until his father's were tasked with the job of describing how sex worked between two blokes. The tiny blonde was positively thrumming with the urge to laugh. He raised his hand but almost immediately lowered it when his Dad looked his way and narrowed his gaze. He blushed harder and didn't catch his eye for the rest of the lesson.

Class wasn't over quick enough and he was up and running to the door before anyone else had even finished packing.

"Hyperion," his father started with an authoritative growl that made even his Pa step away, hands on his swollen abdomen. "You stay."

Scorpius stood by the door frozen as everyone rushed by him, sending him apologetic looks along the way. Once the room was empty Draco flayed his hand out at the room in a 'please-sit-down' gesture he usually reserved for lectures and he barely withheld the need to roll his eyes as he slowly eased into a seat in the front row where Nick usually sat if the charmed drawings of dragons breathing fire on the table were anything to go by.

"You're too young to be having sex," his father said without any preamble forcing his head to snap up. He knew he was going red and the anxious feelings were fighting through his potions causing his brain to stop inching forward and speed through a variety of scenarios of himself with Hugo, or himself with Nick or himself with Nick and Hugo. He wasn't sure if you could tell his face from a tomato at this point.

"I-I wasn't- w-we aren't- that's not-" He shook his head vehemently to clear the images and attempt to form a complete sentence, but his father had started speaking again.

"These lessons are necessary, not only to explain what's going on with your Pa, but to help you all to understand that the things you all are feeling is natural, but you are too young to be-"

"Draco, you don't think we'd know if our kids were having sex?" Harry put in.

Scorpius went even redder (if that was possible).

"I'm n-not hav-having sex with Hu!" The small blonde said loudly. When the older Malfoy-Potter opened his mouth he continued. "Or anyone else f-for that matt-t-ter!"

Draco's face went from lecturing father to concerned in seconds and Harry stepped forward and squatted as best he could to be eye level with Scorpius sitting at the desk.

"Scorp, have you been going to Pomfrey to take your potions?" he was speaking softly.

He nodded vehemently and tried to open his mouth, but the blonde's head was spinning. The room was spinning. Everything was spi-

The chair tilted backwards as Scorpius tipped over out of his seat and the room went dark.

--:--

"You were stressing him out, his brain got over-stimulated," Harry said as Draco carried his son's body to the infirmary.

"Don't you think I know I messed up, again," Draco said snapping his head up to angrily look at his husband before looking back down at his son.

"No, Dray that's not what I was implying at all," the ebony haired man responded very seriously with a tight grip on the blondes shoulder. They had stopped just outside the door to the hospital wing and Harry was looking at him with those loving green eyes, but he could only keep his eyes on Scorpius.

As he stared down at the boy all he could see was his baby. The only child Astoria was able to carry. The only thing that mattered to him for years, up until Harry stumbled back into his life with Teddy.

He could imagine the boy now wrapped in his blanket with his antique Malfoy rattle and those big grey eyes blinking up at him as his other hand played in his own mouth. He blinked a few times to clear his vision and realized he was crying.

"I just- He isn't a baby anymore, Harry. He isn't my baby anymore. He's grown up, he has a boyfriend and friends and- do you know he asked me for a razor the other day? He's only twelve so I doubt he has anything to really shave, but- How did you do this with Teddy? How could you stand it?"

Harry was shaking his head as he responded with a sad smile. "I didn't. I still can't, why do you think I insist on having family dinners. I like being there for them. I like knowing that they still need me- need us, sometimes. They always will, you know? Plus," he said nudging the tall paler man. "You have another baby on the way, remember?"

Draco leaned over and kissed his husband lightly before smiling as the ravenette wiped the tears from his face.

"Thank you, Harry."

"For what?" he asked, looking up at him confused.

"For always trying with me. You shouldn't have to...I just mean, you deserve more than-"

"I can tell you why you're wrong later, let's just get our son to Poppy, okay?"

Draco chuckled but agreed and together they walked into the infirmary with Scorpius only to find their other son surrounded by a group of fifth year hufflepuffs and gryffindors as he sat in bed joking through a duck bill with a broken arm and leg.

"All of you, out," Harry growled in that protective way he had. "Now!" he snapped when no one seemed to be moving. Then he turned his eyes on Teddy and crossed his arms. The teen sheepishly looked down.

Draco laid Scorpius in a bed once Madam Pomfrey entered from her office and motioned him towards an empty one. She shooed him off as she checked the boy for damage and he turned around crossing his arms as well.

"Alright Theodore, explain."

-&-

teddy as wtf happened dude

draco as concerned loving dad

scorp as awkward blink&youmissit poly-awakening maybe

harry as supporting cast

hehehe

hey futher muckers.

okay so...if you hadn't noticed
i took a few things down and put some stuff on hold for a bit
and that is because...well

ive been going through a huge patch of depression that had kind of been on and off up until now

ive been struggling with depression for about 8 or 9 years now (untreated) and im still technically untreated, but i have started going to counseling and ive been trying to get myself together... blah blah blah

you don't want my sob story. lol

anyway, ive been feeling a little less down and stressed so that means ive been in a good place to write again, mentally

time wise, im still struggling hA
anyways i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter

lemme know whatcha think
and how ya feel
and all that good stuff

love y'all

-- angel janeé xoxo 💋