That's the one

(Tina's POV)

When I woke up the next morning, I felt a strong grip around my waist. I turned around slowly to see it's Laurent sleeping so peaceful.

I gently remove his arm, got up, and went into the bathroom to freshen up. After I finish, I came back downstairs to see Asia's dad and in the kitchen grabbing ingredients out of the fridge.

"Good morning Mr. Sterling. Do you need some
help?" I said to him.

"Good morning Tina and sure that will be great

"Good morning Tina and sure that will be great. You can cook the pancakes. I will make the bacon." He said giving the pancake mix.

I grabbed the box and put one cup of pancake mix and one cup of milk. I waited for a while I let the stove get hot. While waiting, I started thinking about  my parents and how I wish they were around more for me and Mekhi.

I hate lying to Mekhi and telling him that mom and dad are on a business trip when really they be at work most of the time.

"Tina, you okay sweet pea." Mr. Sterling said putting his hand on my shoulder. I shook out of my thoughts and looked up.

"Yeah. Just thinking." I sighed, turned around to put some batter in the pancake cooker and flip it around so it can cook.

"What's wrong? Did something happen at home?" He ask worried.

"No. It just I hate lying to Mekhi about our parents. Every night before he goes to bed, he always ask me, "Tina, where are mom and dad?" And I would always have to tell him,
"Momma and daddy are on a business trip. They will be back soon." I hate saying those words to him because it makes me think, "Will they ever come back?" Sometime I wonder if they want to be parents anymore.

"Awwwww Ti. He say giving me a hug. "I knot his is difficult for you to go through and I wish y'all didn't, but you're not alone. You have Asia, Laurent, Larry, Mekhi, and me as well. You have always been like a daughter to  me and Mekhi has always been a son to me. Both of you are not alone in this situation cause guess what? You both have me. And as for your parents, they should really try to spend a more time with you and Mekhi. I know isn't the only thing on their mind. They had to understand that their have children at home waiting for them at home. You and Mekhi are always welcome staying here. I love the both of you just like how I love Asia." He said hugging me and kissing my forehead.

He let me go and turned off the waffle ironing and put the last of them of a plate. I went into the living room to wake up the twins and Asia. I walked over to Laurent first. He look so cute sleeping; I didn't even want to wake him up.

"Lau?" I said shaking his shoulder softly. I didn't move.

"Lau?!" I said loudly roughly shaking his shoulder. He move a little bit and turn back over. Sorry Laurent, but I'm going to have to wake you up the hard way.

I lift my hand and slapped him hard, but not to hard to hurt him.

"What the fuck Ti?" He said sitting up rubbing his cheek.