Chapter 24

But what if, somewhere between letting go and holding on, we found the courage to love again. -Ariana

Evelyn's POV.

Swallowing my pride, I entered the familiar cabin instantly to the infamous glare. Briefly the thought occurred to step back, opting for a commercial flight instead before Ethan came up to me in lighter spirits than the last time I had seen him.

"Can you pretend to look happy to be here?" He said to me as he pulled me into an embrace.

Wincing on the inside, I forced a smile onto my face as he released me staring intently, "I am happy for you." I stated cheerfully.

"I know you are." He replied, "But are you alright?"

"We're not telepathic twins Etty you somehow feel you are able to read me; I said that I am fine." I stated as he rolled his eyes at the nickname begrudgingly backing down.

Damn Ethan and his ability to know everything.

"It's been rather quiet here without you Eve." Dillon stated as he enveloped me into a hug.

"I can always burn down the jet." I replied not missing the way Lucas' face tightened from my peripheral vision internally enjoying his reaction.

"That I would want to see." Nico said conspiratorially as he kissed my cheek handing me a glass of champagne.

Offering a warm hug to Katy, I briefly chatted with her all the while feeling the radiating tension in the air as Lucas' glare bit into the skin of my back. It took all my willpower to focus on my conversation on hand before thankfully the airhostess came forward alerting us of our flight schedule.

Taking a seat, I buckled in across from Nico and Dillon as Katy and Ethan sat to the front with the ever brooding Lucas cast of the back. As the cautionary signals and other flight details were spoken through the speakers, in moments we were airborne deep in a heated discussion as bottles of champagne popped.

"It's a fruit." Nico repeated for the fifth time rolling his eyes at Dillon as he downed the remainder of his drink.

"It's a vegetable." He countered back strongly.

"Who told you that?" Nico asked quirking a dark brow, "Your mummy?"

"Our mum made us eat tomato slices for snack time when we were misbehaving." Ethan piped in as I grimaced from the awful memory.

"Your mum made you eat a tomato for snack time." Nico stated wrinkling his nose in dismay mirroring my sentiments.

"We never ate it though." I said laughing remembering the old memories.

"Eve had bit around the slices and then threw the rest into her teapots." Ethan said laughing at I rolled my eyes at him, "The whole reason we were in trouble in the first place was because of her."

To that accusation, I jumped up hotly as always in defense, "You know that is not entirely true Ethan!"

"That still doesn't make it a fruit." Dillon argued turning to Lucas in the back, "What do you think Luke?"

Luke? Must have been the shorten version of Lucifer I thought to myself.

Looking up from his laptop he shrugged before continuing with his work as his eyes met mine for a moment before he continued typing away furiously. Feeling my temper flare, I refilled my drink feeling the oncoming buzz.

"Okay so not Luke then..." Dillon continued, "What about you Katy?"

"I honestly don't know." Katy replied with a warm smile.