Chapter 20

She had a weakness for him, an ache for his touch, a longing for his kiss, he was just something she couldn't resist. –N.R. Hart

Evelyn's POV.

Stretching out lazily on my bed under the covers I peeked a glance at the clock and was shocked to see that it was almost 6 in the afternoon. Feeling much better and completely rested my stomach growled in protest alerting me that I was beyond hungry. Making my way into the kitchen, the doorbell rang that exact moment. Barefoot, I padded my way to the foyer as I unlocked the door.

"Good evening Evelyn." Alicia greeted with a gentle smile holding the most adorable baby I had ever seen with Will beside her, "I'm so sorry to drop by on such a short notice but you haven't been answering your phone and we got worried so Will suggested that we drop by and I know that it's an inconvenience but we won't be long. We're so sorry for imposing on you like this but..."

"Alicia." I said gently offering her a reassuring smile cutting of her rant as she took a deep breath, "Why don't you come in."

"Are you sure?" She questioned as I motioned them forward, "I really hoped we didn't disturb you."

"It's okay Alicia, I am delighted to see you." I told her as Will placed a bag I had now noticed onto the kitchen bar.

"You better be. It would have been completely embarrassing if you had kicked us out or called the police." Will finally said causing us to laugh as the baby followed suit basking in the glee.

"You are so sweet." I said lightly pinching his cheeks as he gurgled happily in response outstretching his arms.

"I think he likes you." Alicia said bouncing him in his arms as he squealed in delight, "Would you like to hold him?"

"Hi there." I murmured taking him from his mother's hold as he settled into my arms. Inhaling his sweet baby scent and talcum powder, he buried his head against my neck as I nuzzled him.

"You look like such a natural." Will teasingly taunted placing a hand dramatically to his heart.

Before I could have retorted the doorbell rang once again as I excused myself with the baby in hand as we both went to answer the door.

"Are you going to come in or continue staring on my doorstep?" I asked dryly at their shocked expressions.

"I know how babies are made but is this is a new thing where they come within five minutes?" Brandon asked being the first to respond.

Ignoring the comment, they followed me into the kitchen where introductions were made and soon everyone adapted to Will and Alicia with antidotes being shared much to my embarrassment.

"I think he just found his first love." Jade said to the group as she played with the baby's feet as his drooped in my arms.

"Do you want me to take him?" Alicia offered, "Your hand must be aching."

"It's alright." I answered, "I'll set him down in my bedroom."

"Having a party Ms. Hart?"

The mockingly accented drawl was all too familiar rendering me frozen to the spot as the ever present heat blossomed within me. I felt my pulse skittered as I slowly turned taking in the sight of him as he stood not too far away handsomely dressed in a dark grey suit with a cloud white shirt. Foregoing his usual tie, he left the top two buttons opened allowing a hint at his smooth neckline and tanned skin. His dark eyes glinted in hidden amusement from my shocked expression as his red mouth, that despite myself I had missed so much tugged up in his natural smirk.