Chapter 11

"Two souls are sometimes created together and in love before they're born."-F. Scott Fitzgerald

Evelyn's POV.

Almost languorously, his eyes trailed along my body as I shivered despite the inner heat that burned at me. Taking an audible gulp, I saw the visible ticking of his jaw as he slowly rose from his seat approaching me in one short stride.

"What. Are. You. Wearing?" He questioned through gritted teeth looking down at me with blazing eyes.

"Is your jaw not aching?" I questioned smoothly although the inside of me shivered.

I swore I saw a muscle tick on his forehead as he stepped closer backing me against the glass of my desk.

"Evelyn..." He growled caging me in as his forearms braced either side of me. His strong cologne and minty breath washed over me as he leant down speaking mere centimeters away. My body sparked in awareness as the electric current pulled me in; I found my body leaning closer to him as we were now chest to chest. Traitorously I felt my nipple rub agonizingly against the cups of my bra as a low groan escaped his mouth.

"What are you wearing gattina?" He questioned in low voice I had to strain to hear.

"A dress." I replied softly as he rested his forehead against mine shutting his eyes for a brief second. As they opened, they darkened to an almost black shade blazing down at me.

"You are maddeningly infuriating." He said as his accent deepened as he went on unaware, "This." He continued bringing his burning fingers to my waist as his fingers idly stroke the material, "Is not a dress." He continued on, "Anyone within the next ten miles can see every outline of your body."

"I own a mirror." I replied though it came our breathlessly, "I am aware of how I look."

"You would be the death of me." He stated in that same low voice before unexpectedly pulling away.

"I will meet you outside in five minutes." He announced exiting my office within the blink of a second.

Gathering a much needed breath, I touched up my makeup before making my way out the door.

"Mark is awaiting us." He informed me shutting his office door as he placed a gentle hand onto the small of my back escorting me into the elevator.

"We both have on the same color." I suddenly said grinning at our reflection as his lips tugged into a semblance of a smile.

Reentering the busy lobby, the hustling employees halted parting like the red sea for him as he pulled me impossibly closer plastering me to his side as he escorted me into the awaiting vehicle.

"Unless you are unaware, I could have walked perfectly fine on my own." I stated icily.

"And let everyone salivate over you." He shot back as his mouth thinned in annoyance.

"What is your problem?" I asked raising my voice as his driver met my eyes in the mirror. Quieting my tone I continued on as he raised the partition blocking us out, "Your employees wear far worst."

"Well I don't give a fuck about what my employees wear!" He suddenly snapped ferociously glowering at me.

Swearing under his breath in his native tongue, he turned his cold face away from me an as uncomfortable silence pricked the air. As the vehicle pulled up outside the hotel a while later, I helped myself out before Mark could have opened the door. As Lucas followed in step beside me, as completely furious as ever, we made our way to our table as silently we both seated.

"Welcome Ms. Hart...Mr. Demachelis." The receptionist said making her way over to our table hesitantly as the palpable tension infiltrated the air, "Mr. Harrington is not in today, shall I give him a call?"