Ch. 4

Todoroki's POV:

I woke up alone in my bed made for two. I figured it was probably already around lunchtime as traces of the sun snuck through the blinds.

A loud sigh escaped my lips.

Yesterday, something good and another really bad thing happened.

The better thing was that the engagement between me and Momo probably was over for good.

The bad thing.. well, I had probably lost a very important client for the company.

All this because of the soulbond.

After I had carried her to the bedroom, we continued to fool around.

I kept imagining her as Katsuki as I touched her. We didn't even come to the real part before I accidentally exposed my little secret.

Under my heavy breaths, a short sentence slipped out yesterday. "Katsuki.. I can't.."

After that, I abruptly stopped and stood up, leaving her on the bed.

With that she grew furious and called me a jerk or something while grabbing her clothes. Then she slammed the door behind her and left.

I knew I had done something really spiteful towards both Momo and my soulmate, which made me feel like such a cruel person. It was to 100% my own fault, and I'd take full responsibility for my loathful actions.

I should've just pushed her away from the beginning and told her the truth about my state being due to my earlier encounter with Katsuki, not because of her.

Even though that was how I felt, I had to defend myself a tiny bit. I was completely stirred up by my affection towads Katsuki. I couldn't resist the urge to let my hands roam his body. Therefore, as he wasn't there while I suffered from his scent still lurking inside my nose, I unintentionally embraced Momo in his stead.

Just thinking about my treachery made me want to punch myself really hard.

I wanted to apologise to Katsuki, but I bet he had felt my disloyalty through the bond already.

That's when I really regretted not asking for his number before dropping him off. My goddamn pride had me only sneaking my buisness card inside his hand without any way to contact him in return.

I kept thinking of how to reach him as I searched through my smartphone that had gotten plenty of new messages during the night.
Work, work, work, unknown number, work.

When I noticed one of the numbers was unknown, I immediately opened it.

Unknown number: "Hey, bastard! What the hell were you up to last night?! I have a feeling the bond reacted to something, and it felt really disgusting!"

I noticed there was no name written in the message, but I could tell who it was just by the way it was written.

I immediately saved the number under Bakugō Katsuki. For the time being, I was relieved.

Me: "Hello. I'm sorry for that. Something unpleasant came up last night, but please do not worry. It won't happen again, I promise."

I felt really bad for not telling him the whole truth, but the fact that I was too afraid to lose him right after I finally found him, drove me to avoid telling him the details.

Me: I'm glad you contacted me, Katsuki.

It took a while for him to reply to my message.

Katsuki: Shut up.. It's not like I wanted to text you, idiot!

I chuckled softly as I could read him like an open book even through his words were harsh. It was really way too easy to figure his thoughts out.

I grinned for myself and locked my phone.

Burrying my head in the pillow, I groaned.

"You're too cute, Katsuki. If you keep doing this, you'll surely end me in no time.."

Katsuki's POV:

I hid my face in the palms of my hands in embarrassment.

I had answered his text way too quickly and now he probably knew I was eager for his reply..

Moping in my bed, I suddenly heard a melody from my phone.

I removed my hands from my flustered face to check who the caller was. To my disappointment it wasn't Todoroki who was calling, but my childhood friend Midoriya Izuku.

I answered the call with a deep breath. "Yo, Deku."

As soon as I'd finished my sentence, a cheerful voice was heard from the phone.

"Hey, Kacchan. Sure was awhile ago! Great to hear you're still alive."

His humour was as bad as ever, but it honestly felt nice to hear his voice once in awhile.

I mockingly chuckled. "Damn straight! Ya won't get rid of me that easily, nerd."

Another chuckle could be heard from the other end of the phone.

"Guess you're right about that. However, I've got noon off work today, so I figured we should go out drinking."

Him saying that made me think of our days together as students and the first time we drank alcohol during 2nd year of highschool. I remembered how wasted he was after just one beer and two candy shots.

It made me laugh just thinking about it.

"Noo! You didn't just think about THAT time did you? Kacchan, you animal. Remember that time in 3rd year of highschool when you got so wasted you didn't even know who you were anymore? You even kept asking me to kiss you!"

He burst into laughter and I sat ashamed on the bed ruffling my hair in frustration.

"Yeah, yeah. Enough fooling around now, nerd." I replied with a frivolous tone and clicked my tongue.

"Ahh shit! My boss seems to be arriving at work shortly. I have to prepare since he suddenly took the night off yesterday for some reason. Anyway, gotta go Kacchan, see you around 5 o'clock at my workplace, I'll tell the receptionist to let you in. Later!"

With that he hung up, leaving me with nothing to say.

I sighed and the corners of my mouth curled into an amused smile.

I had now realised just how long we had been friends.

I counted the years by mumbling for myself.

"We met as brats when we were 5 and today we're 23, which means 18 years.. Holy shit..!"

Wide eyed, I heard a knock on the door.

"Katsuki, are you awake yet?"

It wasn't my mom's voice this time.
I couldn't possibly be mistaken about this voice.

It was him...