Tiresome Slavery ~Chapter 5~

Tiresome Slavery

Chapter 5

~Oliver's POV~

I walked up the driveway, I was glad I'd have some time to think about the task I had to do for Raven, I was so sorry for yelling at Dawn, but I was overwhelmed, and I knew if she found out why she would be to.

As I stepped into the door, I looked up and saw Dawn sitting next, to a small boy, compared to me anyway, but he looked Dawn's age, he had a smile plastered to his face. I was confused, and I could tell I looked it, I felt shy again all of a sudden.

"Who's that?" I said confused.

"My name mister grumpy, is Ari. Pleased to make your acquaintance" he said cheerfully.

I could feel my face getting red, how did he know about the scene from earlier? From the look on Dawn's face I could tell that she didn't say anything about it to him.

"How did you know about the scene from earlier?" I said shyly.

"Simple, I've been watching you, well not you in particular, but Dawn over there."

"Why?"

"Oh my do I have to explain all this again?" he said with his smirk still there.

"Of course not, I'll explain." Dawn said breaking her silence.

~Dawn's POV~

After explaining everything to Oliver I turned to Ari as Oliver went outside into the garden to process everything.

"Ari, I wanna go to the park." I said, now that Raven was gone and Corin was out I had freedom to go where I pleased, probably stalking some skank, I snickered

"Do I amuse you miss?" Ari questioned

"No, I was just thinking about Corin." I smiled

"I'm sorry, but Corin isn't anything to smile about, at least to me." he said, but his grin was still there.

"Well then mister why are you still smiling?"

"I shall not say, I think before we go to the park you should get dressed although." he looked at my corset, I blushed and nodded. I ran upstairs, wanting to leave before Corin came back. I shoved through my draws, I picked out a neon purple tank top with silver stars on it, I threw on my dark blue skinny jeans and my scarf that I'd had since I was taken, Raven told me to throw away all of my belongings from my parents but I didn't, I never wanted to forget them.

I threw on my sneakers and my white jacket. I started down the stairs and tripped over myself, my foot missing a step I fell down the stairs, all I could think to do was hold my hands out trying not to hit a wall, it took forever until I hit the side of the couch after rolling on the floor and into the living room right in from of the stairs.

"Miss?" was all I heard as I slowly opened my eyes to see Ari leaning over me with his goofy grin never fading.

"Yes?" I groaned at my twisted ankle, I'm not the type of person to not try to get up, and 'dust my self of' for example put the pain was unbearable, you'd think it wouldn't be that bad, I don't know it was hard to explain, my ankle was on fire, and there was a deep cut in it from the coffee table in the hall on the way down the stairs.

I sat up a little to look at his face. "Do you still want to go to the park love?" he questioned.

I nodded and winced a little. "Do you think you could get Oliver, to help me with my ankle?"

"No love, I'll take care of it," he said,, but he never had any emotion in his voice, I knew saying love and miss were in his accent, it wasn't the sound of his voice, it was the words he said.

I nodded and looked up at him as he came back with a wrap, he put Neosporin on my cut and wrapped it in a bandage, I knew I couldn't walk or it would open the wound even more, "Um, Ari?"

"Yes."

"Looks like your gonna have to carry me." I stuck my tongue out, he just nodded and picked me up putting me on his back, I was confused but I wrapped my arms around his neck, I let him carry me to the closest park, witch was very far away, we didn't have to walk but he prefered it, we finally got there and he set me down on a bench and sat at the other end of it

"Ari?" I questioned.

"Yes?" he said without emotion.

"Why do you always smile?"

"Oh...when I was a little boy I was taught to fake it throughout my life, my father was cruel, he is my commissioner for our secret Inc. he'd trained me all my life and no, I'm put to use, your mother and father used to be apart of the inc, until she became pregnant with you, my father made them quit for hers and your safety."

I was confused, how come they never mentioned any of this to me?... I looked over at him as he stared into the open field of white, and sleeping trees, I pulled out a picture of my mother father, and me and stared down at it tears filled my eyes as I remembered this picture, we were at the park I loved to go to so much before I was taken here. He finally blinked and looked over at me, his smile finally fading, I'm sorry for your loss, and I'm sorry that you have to go through life dealing with what you do now.

I wiped my eyes with the back of my jacket and look up at him, "It's not your fault you know." I smiled, his fake smile returned and we both stared out into the view.

Sorry it's so short! next time it'll be longer ;D