Change

ROSE P.O.V

I don't say a word while she drives us back to the house.

We sit in front of the house in silence for about 20 minutes Katie doesn't even make a move to step out the car.

It's gone. We had a baby but it's gone.

My very first thought is what am I going to tell Alex. Eric probably already told him, I put my head in my hands.

"What am I going to tell him?" I mumble.

"Rosie he'll understand, if you guys really truly love each other you'll get through anything" She hugs me and tears fall down her face.

"Don't cry you'll make me cry".

I wipe my tears "That's the point I don't know if I love him...everyone acts like we've been together 3 years instead of 6 months" I huff.

"Listen to Rosie you're stressing yourself out
, you did what you think is the best decision to do...it makes no sense bringing a baby into this world when all this is going around". She hugs me again. "This pain isn't going to last forever Rosie".

"We need to get ourselves together because Alex is at the door waiting for us to get out the car" Katie explains.

I wipe my tears away and sniff, Katie quickly fixes my hair flattening it down. Katie wipes away her tears and fixes her hair tucking loose strands behind her ears.

We get out of the car and walk into the house.

"Where'd you guys go you left so quickly?" Alex questions looking at my face.

"Out doing girl business geesh being around men all day makes me vomit," Katie says fake gagging.

"Wheres your bags?".

"We just sent them to the address in Brazil since we're leaving tomorrow" Katie explains.

I can't look him in the eyes, how could I? I just killed his only child?

I walk past him and stop at the bottom of the stairs Alex stares at me.

"What it's cold out you expect me to stand in the doorway all day?" I say turning and going to our room. Eric comes into the room "Sooo?".

"I was 3 weeks pregnant" I mumble.

"Was?...ohhhh".

"Please don't tell Alex " I beg.

"It's not my story to tell but eventually you're going to have to tell Alex, it was his baby too you know," Eric says leaving the room.

...........

"Rose" Alex says I'm guessing for the second time because his voice is louder.

I snap out of my thoughts "yes?".

"What's wrong?".

"I'm not feeling well"  Technically I'm not lying I really not feeling well.

"Are you sick...oh Rose you forgot to take your pills" He gets out the bed and comes back with a water bottle and the orange pill bottle.

"Here" he gives me a pill and the water bottle I take the pill and drink some water.

"Thank you".

"Come on we have to sleep we have to wake up early tomorrow...well actually you don't have a problem with waking up early anymore" He chuckled.

"I know right" I replied.

He turned off the lights and we both went to sleep.

.............

You killed it. You killed my baby, Rose! We could've taken care of it kept it safe! Alex yelled.

Brooke popped up with the knife next to Alex "You want to do the honors?" She asked Alex passing the knife to him.

"I'm going to kill you like you killed our baby" Alex growled and stabbed me.

"Ughhh" I throw the pillow across the room.

It falls silently on the floor. I put my knees up and put my head between them.

I look at the clock at 2:31 am.

I want to scream I get out of bed, put my robe on and, walk downstairs Eric is on the couch already. The movie just started and a cup of hot coffee is sitting on the table next to the couch. He pats the seat next to him not looking at me. I sit on the couch and put my feet up.

"Why won't they stop?" I ask tiredly drinking my hot coffee.

"You have to stop blaming yourself Rose".

"Have you ever stopped blaming yourself?"

He sighs and drinks his hot coffee.

I avert my eyes to the movie Wonder Women.

...............

"Again?" Katie says walking into the living room in grey sweatpants and a white shirt.

"Well a least your ready, let's go everyone will meet us there". Alex says he has on grey pants with a black button-up shirt.

"I have to change," I say running upstairs and changing into green joggers and a black shirt with black sneakers.

"Ok ready," I say while putting my hair in a ponytail.

"The bags are already in the car so let's go" Alex explains.

....................

We're in the car it's peacefully quiet...well at least I thought it was.

"Rose!" Alex's voice booms throughout the car.

I jump turning my head to look at him "yes?".

"We debating on who cooks better Alex or you," Eric says smiling from the backseat.

"Why do you keep doing that?" Alex asks.

"Doing what?".

"Spacing out".

"Oh umm, I don't know I'm just worried about this whole situation," I say.

"We going to Brazil to get over everything...a fresh start...plus no one would guess Brazil so as we enter Brazil, I don't want to hear anything about the past that involves last week this week...every bad thing that has happened got it?" Alex announces.

That won't be a problem.

"I said got it?" Alex repeats in a more serious tone.

Got it" Katie says.

"Got it" Eric smirks.

"Got it, dad," I say rolling my eyes.

"I prefer daddy" Alex grins stopping at a red light.

"Eww, no one wants to hear that" Katie scoffs.

"Hypocrite...don't act innocent I've heard you and Mya have sex almost every-" Eric laughs.

"Lalala I will throw you out this car right now...stay on the subject sheesh, now Rose whos the best cook you or Alex?' Katie says.

"Of course I'm going to say me duh" I respond.

"I think Rose cooks better than you sorry bro" Eric shrugs his shoulders.

"I think Eric cooks better sorry, Rose I lived with you for damn near my whole life your cooking is great...your recipes are just not you know....updated," Katie says slowly.

I fake gasp "are you calling my cooking old?".

Everyone in the car burst out in laughs. I feel better than I have for the past couple of weeks.

Maybe this change is exactly the change I need.