Mother?

ROSE P.O V

They go in the dining room and talk.

Alex comes over and grabs the drink from me. I don't bother to argue with him.

"I'm hungry" Eric whines.

"Well since everyone's here...me and Rose will cook" Alex informs him.

I raised an eyebrow and he just smiles. "you know this is my house right? Not yours" I tell Alex. Katie and Mya come back laughing about something "we're going in the basement" she states.

"I'm coming with you're not leaving me with these lovebirds" He fake gags, I shake my head.

"Soo what do you suggest we cook?" He asks ignoring my previous statement and searching the cabinets for something.

"I don't know your the one that didn't really give me a choice" I say rolling my eyes.

He shoots me a warning glare and mumbles "I'm gonna do something about that..."

Changing the subject, "You cook?" I ask.

"Of course I cook" He scoffs.

"Well put that to the test" I reply, while looking through my recipe book.

I catch my eye on a 20 minute dish which I've made a thousand times, not in a while though Katie usually cooks nowadays.

We wash our hands. I take out the ground beef,taco seasoning mix,chunky salsa,black beans,tortillas,shredded cheese,and green onions. "Ok you cut up the green onions and I'll cook out ground beef I order. We make small talk while we cook.

"...so you like me?" He teases.

"Well aside from the need to control everything and everyone in your way...yes I do...as a friend?" It came out as a question more than a answer. I stir the ground beef awkwardly.

"You sure?" He asks clearly amused.

"Hand me the seasoning,water,salsa and beans" I say changing the subject.

He places them on the counter I pours everything into the pan.

"I got it" He says taking the spatula away from me and stirring the food.

I start cutting the tortillas in strips. "Well I like you more than just a friend Ms.Rose" he admits

I stop cutting and look at him. "You don't even know me" I state.

"I know you better than you know yourself Rose" He speaks calm and collected.

"I know you cut your hair and dyed it...it used to be light brown and long" he says.

I freeze.

He continues "I know Katie's hair used to be dark brown and short"

I clench the knife, getting ready to kill.

"Who are you?" I ask.

"Relax, if you think Katie just allowed two- three strangers in the house when you guys just met us, you don't know your friend" He tells me, still stirring.

"I know you were an orphan till you turned 18...so was Eric" I say barely a whisper.

He stops stirring.

"You have a sister named Jo-Ann" I say not meeting his gaze.

"You know one of them?" I ask ready to stab him if necessary.

"One of who?" He asks.

"The men after us" I say shaking.

"No, but I will protect you...and katie from them" he states as he goes back to stirring.

"Why?" I asks.

"Because your mother told me to" he admits.

My mind has already made him a threat, I'm literally about to stab him until suddenly Katie,Mya,and Eric comes up "It smells delicious in here" Mya says.

"Haven't smelled this in a while" Katie admits. Then looks at me then the knife. "Rose don't, just let it go".

I'm hesitant, what happened to everything's in the past? No, We'll never get away from him. He wants us dead.

I drop the knife cutting my hand in process. Replaying the words that just came out Alex's mouth.

My mother died 5 years ago though.

"You told her didn't you?" Eric says while sighing.