Who's to blame?

ALEXANDER P.O.V

Katie looks at Eric confused.

"Brother?" She questions.

"Let's get you caught up" Eric suggest to Katie, as they went down the basement.

I look at Mya one more time before walking upstairs.

I don't know which room was hers. I look around. "Rose?" I call out "Rose?".

"Go away" she says so low I almost don't hear her.

I walk down the hallway toward the sound of her voice. "Rose let me explain" I say.

"No because I feel like your going to give me some half ass explanation, so fuck off " she admits her voice hoarse.

"You can trust me rose" I say, pressing my face against the door.

"How? You didn't even tell me you knew my mother or that your receptionist is your sister" She yells through the door.

"How did you know that?" I ask.

She pauses "...I heard you guys"

"I'll tell you everything that you need to know" I promise.

"Why do I feel like your not going to tell me everything?" she asks.

"I'll tell you what you need to know" I repeat. "Just open the door" I plead.

She opens the door I walk in she sits on the bed. Her cheeks tear stained and a band-aid on her palm, at that moment I felt like a complete asshole I should of just told her when u met her.

I sit in the chair in a corner, she stares at the bed. I sigh "Before your mom died 5 years ago. Me and Eric worked as her bodyguards at 18 years old, until she died when you were 18, she left a note to all her bodyguards that lived with her. Since she died we are passed down to protect you and Katie. She was a great women but she did some stuff she can't undo" I explain.

"Like what?" She asks looking at me.

"Need to know only" I state.

"She's my mother!" She reasons.

"Of course she is but I'm respecting her wishes to keep quiet" he says.

So he is coming for us?" She asks scared, bringing her knees up and wrapping her arms around them.

"I don't know" I reply truthfully looking into her eyes. "We'll protect you though you have 80 men lined up and ready to fight".

"You couldn't even protect my mother! How the hell are you going to protect us!" She yells.

"Your mother didn't want protection anymore, she knew he wouldn't stop till she was dead, she told us we needed to protect you and Katie " I inform her.

"Listen to me Rose I will do everything in my power to protect you guys, I am your own personal bodyguard Eric is assigned to Katie. I promise to keep you guys safe" I say sitting on the bed wrapping my arms around her.

"I like you" she states out of nowhere.

"I'm a likable person Ms.Rose" I joke.

ROSE P.O.V

"Not like that" she laughs "like this" I gently kiss his lips he freezes then kisses me back, it's soft and light, then he takes control over it...it become rough and passionate, he grabs my hair and pushes his lips harder into mine, biting my lip. He silently asked for permission to I give him reassurance and his tongue with into my mouth exploring, I push him to lie on the bed and broke up the kiss for air. I'm now straddling him. He grabs my wrist and put each on the side of his head so his lips were inches away from mine he kisses me with the same kind of force, I put my hands face down on the bed. I wince at the pain from the cut. He must have known because he pulls away.

"Your beautiful and as much as I want to rip every piece of clothing off of you and make your sweet voice scream my name for all the curse words you threw at me we have to stop your vulnerable right now" he says. I understand and get off him.

"let's go eat" he says.

We all sit in silence at the table. Eric & Mya are eating like they haven't had a good meal in years, Katie pushes her food around and I keep me head down doing the same. I still have questions, "So I thought you're name was Jo'ann?" I asks Mya.

"I changed it to Mya...for safety reasons" she replies clearly uncomfortable.

"What safety reasons" I ask.

Everyone freezes looking at me.

"You know just to stay on the safe side" she mumbles. Everyone continues eating.

"Well this is delicious, Alex cooks but we should have you in our kitchen, yours is better" Eric says not missing a single crumb.

"Speaking of so...Katie don't you have something to tell Rose?" he says slowly.

"Nope Eric you do it" she says quickly.

"Alex it's your fault u should do it" he blames.

"Actually it's your fault not mines u were here first" Alex blames.

"Tell me what?" I ask annoyed.

"Your moving in with us in our house...tonight" she states clearly annoyed she had to be the one to say it.

I freeze. Only then did I final understand.