Chapter Ten - 21 Years Old

‒‒‒♜‒‒‒

UNEDITED

‒‒‒♜‒‒‒

THE ONE THING I wish for everyday is the courage to have a conversation with you. The courage to tell you how I feel with actual words instead of with pen and paper.

I guess I always was just a coward.

- Your Unrequited Lover

‒‒‒♜‒‒‒

10. 21 YEARS OLD - OCTOBER

‒‒‒♜‒‒‒

Aaron's POV: Two days later:

  "IM HONESTLY DISAPPOINTED IN you Roe."

  I clamped down on the urge to roll my eyes as I bit into my apple swinging my longs legs off the kitchen counter.

  "You're not my mother."

   "Watch your tone Roe." She didn't even turn round to look at me as she stirred her stir fry visibly fighting the urge to pick her nails.

   I huffed and leaned back against the wall. "Honestly I don't see what the big deal is. We haven't spoken in three years."

  She looked at me and her gaze softened. "I know it's hard. I know this is your own form of self preservation but she needs someone to talk to."

   "She can talk to you."

  She huffed and began to stir passive-aggressively.

   "She doesn't want to talk to me. She wants to talk to you. You Arron who has basically been in love with Wren you whole life." Quickly she picked up the spatula and waved it around my face. "Do it Roe. Man up."

  I shook my head and some of my curly-ish dale hair fell in my eyes. "No."

  "Please?" Her eyes sparkled with thinly veiled hope.

  "I'm going to have breakfasts with Ophelia. I'll see you later."

  I was about to leave when rose emerged from the kitchen as I opened the front door. "You're always so damn good at leaving."

   ‒‒‒♜‒‒‒

My nineteen year old sister, who has decided to go by her middle name Ophelia when she was seventeen instead of Tessa, was a self proclaimed hippie.

I don't object to her self declaration.

Her apartment was only a short walk from ours and it was honestly a beautiful place to live for a nineteen year old. She lived above the local coffee shop.

Which she happened to own.

It's honestly depressing to have a nineteen year old sister who's making more money than you. Her boyfriend is a 'free spirit' and didn't want to run his family business when he was twenty so he passed it onto Ophelia who's been running it successfully for a year and a half while her boyfriend purses his career in art.

Surprisingly he's rather good at it, selling mainly to local gallery's but he's been expanding his horizons recently.

She has her shit more together than me.