Chapter Three: 18 Years Old

‒‒‒♜‒‒‒

I'VE KNOW IT FROM the moment that we meet that I knew where you belonged. In my heart, in my head, and in my life.

Know you're beautiful, even if you don't see it.

- Your Unrequited Lover.

‒‒‒♜‒‒‒

3. 18 YEARS OLD - OCTOBER

‒‒‒♜‒‒‒

Aaron's POV:

I DON'T SET OUT to get drunk at parties, it just kind of happens. It's not my fault alcohol makes a better best friend than Ollie does.

Said best friend Ollie left me immediately as soon as we reached Bruce's party, I think he was in my English class last year, to go and find Rosie.

He really liked her and felt they had a 'special connection.' I bet they were 'connecting' quite a lot after their third date.

A shudder swept over my body. This is why I'm glad I don't have to room with Ollie, his little brother must be traumatized.

We entered the house, smiling and laughing with Bruce, but now I'm thinking his name might be Justin before Ollie handed me a beer and jogged off after Rosie.

They're making out on a wall a couple feet away and I'm stuck with Rosie's friend Margret, or Maggie or, to be honest, I don't really care what her name is she's annoying the hell out of me.

"And then Stacy was like, Sharon I can't believe you kissed Max behind my back, and I was all like Sharon you so shouldn't have done that,"

I blocked out her useless blabbering and sipped on my beer already feeling more than tipsy. A light headed relaxing sensation over coming me.

"So." I drawled smiling down onto the girl in front of me. "Wanna dance?"

She blushed lightly looking up and me through her lashes and brushing her hair over her shoulder. "Of course."

She grabbed my hand and I all too willingly grabbed another can of beer and walked forward with her bobbing my head and tapping my foot to the beat.

She was pretty, there's no doubt about that. Long brown hair and an amazing figure, perfect for any other guy, a guy who didn't have eyes for the popular blue haired beauty.

I put my hand on her hips and swayed to the music, drinking my beer all the while chatting to the girl in front of me.

That is until Wren burst into the room giggling and laughing. It was like everything stopped and all I could see is her.

The way her eyes were lit up with joy and happiness, how fresh and beautiful her skin looked. She looked positively radiant.

She wasn't dressed up in a skin tight dress like most of the other girls. Her hair was straightened and she was wearing skinny jeans and loose fitting top.

She looked beautiful.

I smiled slightly looking at her.

"Hey, I'll be back in a minute I've just got to talk to a friend." I waved my hand in the General direction of Wren.

I staggered towards her stopping to talk to a few people here and there before finally coming to stop in front of Wren and her friend Chloe.

"Helllooo Jules! How are you?"