Chapter Seven: 18 Years Old

‒‒‒♜‒‒‒

Unedited

‒‒‒♜‒‒‒

DO YOU REALISE THAT you play with you hair when you're nervous? That's one of the things I like about you. Everything about you is perfect.

- Your Unrequited Lover

‒‒‒♜‒‒‒

7. 18 YEARS OLD - JULY

‒‒‒♜‒‒‒

Aaron's POV:

BRITT WALKED AWAY.

She walked away from me with tears in her eyes and pain written all over her beautiful features. That's when I knew I'd fucked up.

I'd just let one of the best girls I've ever meet walk out of my life and there's nothing I can do about it.

She even got revenge on me. When she walked away she stumbled up onto the stage and grabbed the microphone and started singing, started singing with her middle finger in the air.

She was singing Lily Allens' fuck you with her middle fingers in the air and Britt even got the staff at Prom to shine the light right on me.

I just stood there and took the brunt of it because I deserve it.

Yet I don't regret it. I don't regret one single moment I spent with Wren.

‒‒‒❁‒‒‒

  "Hey Ollie have you seen Wren?" I asked Ollie timidly while he gripped Rose waist.

  "Nope."

  I scratched the back of me head nervously. "Are you mad at me?"

  He sighed and rubbed his face slowly. "I'm not man at you but i'm really disappointed in your actions Roe. You hurt her, Britt and basically broke her heart because you couldn't keep it in your pants."

  "You know how I feel about Wr-"

  "No excuses Aaron. You can't make excuses for stuff like this."

  I closed my eyes and leaned my forehead against the wall breathing deeply. I felt Rose gently rubbing my back as Ollie glared at me.

  "It's not going to be okay for a while Roe but at least you know what you did was so wrong. It wasn't just physical cheating it was emotional and that makes it so much worse."

  I rubbed my eyes a took a swift sip out of my flask.

"I know Rose. I know."

  She patted my shoulder while walking away leaving me alone to face my fuming best-friend.

"Oliver..."

"Give me your flask."

  I handed it over without a word. The same slightly golden curved hip flask with my fathers initials on it that I've had since I was nine. It was one of five things my father had gifted me in his will. The exact same one me and Oliver took our first drink out of at aged 11.