Chapter Five: 18 Years Old

‒‒‒♜‒‒‒

SEEING YOU WITH SOMEONE new makes me think love isn't real, it makes me want to stand on top of a cliff and scream to the world that I like you, but I'm sorry my darling you don't see me.

You've never seen me for me.

I'm not good enough for you.

- your unrequited lover, who just wants to be loved...

‒‒‒♜‒‒‒

5. 18 YEARS OLD - APRIL

‒‒‒♜‒‒‒

Aaron's POV:

WHEN MY PARENTS DIVORCED I wasn't sad. I didn't cry begging them to get back together, I actually in some weird way felt so much happier now that they weren't together.

Yes, in the beginning, they were in love. The kind of beautiful, mad yet incredibly toxic love everyone dreams of in their lives. They were madly and deeply in love with each other.

You could see it shining in their eyes in their wedding photos, in photos taken on the day I was born. Their love shone through up until I was six. Then everything started falling apart when I was six years old and my little sister was four.

My dad started drinking and the financial problems just built up and up with no escape from all their debt. They were drowning in it.

Then it stopped. Everything was okay again. It was all working out without my dad, and the day we moved away from his grave was the day I met Wren.

She and her mother were playing in her front garden. Her hair was a beautiful shade of brownish red back then and her mother had flowing dark red hair. They were both gorgeous.

I had just moved in and was wandering around with Tessa, whose full name is Teressa Ophelia Amarellaz when Tessa shot across the road to play with Wren's puppy Ghost.

She giggled and scratched the puppy laughing and talking to Wren as she did. I remember initially thinking Wren was cute and sweet but I was too nervous to really speak to her properly.

We laughed and talked to Wren and her mother for hours and even more hours after that when we had dinner at their house with my mother.

That's my first perfect memory of Wren being the perfect girl.

When I first saw you across the street I knew you were perfect for me Wren and I wished we'd stayed friends after your mum died. I wish we still talked like we used too.

‒‒‒❁‒‒‒

"Whoop!"

"Go, Roe, Go Roe!"

I groaned placing my head in my hands and turning away from Ollie and Rose who had been my own personal cheerleaders in the play for the last five months.

Christmas had come and gone. I'd spent it with my mothers family. I don't see my dad anymore.

April was a cold month filled with late night rehearsals to make sure the play went smoothly if I rocked the play I would be able to get into the music and art school of my dreams on a scholarship.

Wren and I have spent more and more time together over the last five months, I've been pushed into the ultimate friend zone. I now know exactly how Jorah Mormont feels around Dany. Kept at bay in the friend zone.