Prologue

‒‒‒♜‒‒‒

WHEN I SEE YOUR face, everything else just stops and all I can see is you.

-  Your Unrequited Lover.

‒‒‒♜‒‒‒

17 Years Old: September:

‒‒‒♜‒‒‒

Wrens POV:

EVERY SINGLE DAY SINCE the start of sixth form I've come in on Monday morning to find a note accompanied with a pearl white rose.

   I'm not sure how they knew, but they did, that my favourite flower was a  white rose. I've loved them ever since my mothers funeral three years ago.

   When I started getting the notes a year ago I found them really weird. They were compliments, beautiful heart warming compliments, but it was still weird.

  Especially because I don't know who was sending them. I grew to love them over time when life started getting tougher. When I felt low and sad I'd read the ones that I'd kept stored in a shoe box under my bed and hold them close.

   The person who sends them to me hasn't revealed his or her identity yet so every Monday I'm filled with a burning curiosity to find out who sends them to me.

‒‒‒❁‒‒‒

18 years later:

‒‒‒❁‒‒‒

   I never found out for a really long time, even when the answer was staring at me right in the face for years, I refused to believe it.

   I was naïve and young and it took me years to stare right back at him and feel something, anything.

   By then it was too late. He'd moved on, I had moved on. It was the definition of complicated.

   I found him eventually but never had enough sense to love him, instead I broke his heart. Countless times, and in the end he was the one who broke me.

   Some days I wish I never meet Aaron Romeo Amarellaz, and other days I find myself wishing I meet him sooner.

‒‒‒❁‒‒‒

‒‒‒❁‒‒‒

IT'S a pet peeve of mine that characters say they love each other way too early in Wattpad books but please keep in mind that Aaron has had a crush and has liked Wren since he was seven years old.

They either say I love you too early or never at all...

BELLE