Chapter Two: 18 Years Old

‒‒‒♜‒‒‒

WHEN I SEE YOUR face, there's not a thing that I would change, cause girl you're amazing, just the way you are...

- Your Unrequited Lover, who loves Bruno Mars.

‒‒‒♜‒‒‒

2. 18 YEARS OLD - SEPTEMBER

‒‒‒♜‒‒‒

Aaron's POV:

SO HOW DID IT GO, OH GREAT AARON THE AWKWARD?

I groaned banging my head against the lunch table in the sixth form canteen. "Not good Ollie, not good at all. I made a fool of myself."

He smirked at me. "As per-usual then."

"You're not helping."

He laughed as I slapped his arm. "When do I ever help Roe?"

I pretended to think about it. "Now that I think about it, you never help me with anything."

He mocked offense. "I help you with all your problems, your maths homework, forging sick notes... the whole works."

I raised an eyebrow at him. "The most you've done is take me to a party and get me drunk, multiple times."

He grinned at me and waved his hand in front of his face in a non-committal gesture. "Not important, what is important is that you," he pointed stupidly at me, "Tell me," he pointed at himself, "What happened with Wren." He pointed at Wren who was sitting a few tables away.

I rolled my eyes taking a massive bite of my sandwich. Not only females like comfort food, guys can eat their feelings too.

"Was the finger pointing necessary?"

He wiggles his eyebrows at me. "Fingers are always necessary."

I wrinkled my nose at him. "Eww, I don't even wanna know what you were implying there."

He winked at me. "I'm sure some of the girls would, but anyway, what happened with Wren?"

I scratched the back of my neck in embarrassment. "I uh, fell off my chair, and I sent my jaw flying into the table while failing to wink." I paused and smiled sarcastically at him. "Pretty sure it went perfectly!"

Oliver looked at me for a moment disbelief covering his whole face when suddenly he burst into laughter.

"You failed to wink?"

I nodded solemnly biting my sandwich, my one true love at this point. The only thing that wouldn't laugh at me or be disappointed by me and my awkwardness.

"That's right."

"Your coordination sucks ass." He wheezed out between laughs.

"Oh, and I fell off my chair."

He looked at me for a minute and then broke into laughter again.

"Only you Aaron, only you."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm really living up to my nickname now, may Aaron the awkward live forever," I added bitterly raising my glass of water up to the sky.

"May Aaron the awkward live forever Sir Creeper."

Exactly like all the other good toasts, I wished my glass had been filled with vodka instead of water and then I could have drunk my problems.