Chapter 87: Clockwork Part 12

Začať od začiatku

"That's why I'll do it," The freak declared, ignorant of PAMA's silence. "Divine magic won't work on me."

PAMA, walking away, looked at the freak before exiting through the massive hole in the obsidian wall. "Why not?"

"My mother told me that I'm a god's blind spot," The freak revealed, forming his scythe in a clawed hand. "Their influence and magic has no affect on me because of what I am." He finished, but PAMA was already gone, running in the cold towards its master.

As PAMA ran through the cold, PAMA started to hate itself for even thinking about saving Lisa, or having concerns about Jennifer! That stupid spark of life, of consciousness and humanity, which fills its mechanical being... how disgusting. How low did PAMA sink for it to be concerned about meatbags?

That alone made PAMA angrier with its creator, and PAMA will relish in ripping her intestines out of her body before strangling her with them.

But PAMA will forget about that... for now. 'My master needs me,' PAMA thought to itself. 'It's time for Reginald to die.'

----------

Jesse rushed down and out into the foggy clearing; the freak watched him join Raven as she held her open book in hand. She turned to look at him, raising an eyebrow. "You?" She asked. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to help you," Jesse panted, exhausted from all of that running. "I fought him before, and you stand no chance against him; he's immortal."

"An immortal?" Raven repeated, but not denying Jesse's help. "Even if I believed that, how are you going to be any help?"

"Look, there's a lot to explain, but the short version is that he is not allowed to kill me." Jesse stood in front of Raven. "I can stall him while you summon those chains from earlier to restrain him."

"You want to help me, even after I tried to kill your wife?" Raven asked skeptically, turning to a specific page.

"I've already forgiven you," Jesse revealed, much to her surprise. "I'm not going to let anyone else die. We can take him, we have to protect everyone."

They heard the cloaked man laugh, clearly hearing his speech. "It's too late for that, Jesse, just look around," The freak spread his arms wide in the empty space. "If you try to save everyone, you'll just end up saving no one... just like Bailey."

Carbon pooled under the freak, spreading behind him and under Bailey's corpse as multiple arms made out of carbon rose out of it before dragging Bailey. The limbs ripped her body apart, digging into her organs and bones as they converted her body into carbon before assimilating her body.

Jesse yelled in protest as the limbs melted back into liquid before the carbon itself retracted back into the freak. "Oh, sorry," The freak mocked. "Did you care about her?"

"You monster!" Jesse yelled at him, using the small amounts of Mana he regenerated to launch spikes of stone out of the ground at the freak.

The abomination didn't move, laughing as the spikes ripped chunks of his body off. Although the spikes shattered on contact, meaning that his body is much more dense than before; it would explains why he's not hovering off the ground.

One of the spikes manages to hit the abomination in the neck, severing his head, shredding his thin hood of iron. His disintegrating head, still inside the Alluring Skull, flew into the air as blood flooded out like a fountain out the base of his neck.

But at that moment, multiple arms made out of carbon protruded out of his back, reaching up to catch the Alluring Skull as his head inside is completely gone; already regenerating as the limbs arced over and placed the item back on his regenerated head, covering his blonde hair.