[Ruby x Male!Reader]

- I love her. -

He wasn't excited to get married. Y/N just wished everything would be over it. After all, it wasn't like he was given a choice considering he was the heir to his father's company. But the pigtailed girl in front of her changed his mind.

-

"Ruby, meet Y/N. Your fiancee. Get along with him."

In front of her stood a young man around the same age as her. He held out his hand and smiled sweetly as he said "Hi Kurosawa-san. I'm Y/N, your future husband. I hope we get along."

The redhead, although anxious, shook his hand and replied

"Y-You t-too L/N-san."

- I'd do anything for her -

"Happy Birthday Ruby!"

Everyone in Aqours cheered in unison. It was the girl's birthday today so they decided to surprise her, not forgetting the balloons, banner, and cake. However, a certain person was missing.

"Hey, where is Y/N-kun?" Ruby wondered.

The members however just smiled teasingly at her. She was confused as to why they are smiling.

"Yeah. I wonder, zura." Hanamaru pointed to Ruby's back.

She tried to look behind but she felt a pair of hands cupped over her eyes.

"Guess who?" She could hear someone giggling behind her. The voice was very familiar.

"Y/N?"

Her guess was right when she turned around to see him, holding a bouquet of roses in one hand and a huge teddy bear in the other. Behind him was Kanan and You holding what seems to be more presents.

"Happy Birthday, my precious angel."

"You didn't have get me all these..."

"Yeah. It took a little convincing to get money from dad but why not? It's your birthday."

"But I can't..."

Y/N dropped what he was holding and wrapped his arm around Ruby while cupping her cheek.

"Don't worry. After all you're my future wife right?"

"Yeah..." she reluctantly said.

"Good! Now, c'mon. The cake isn't gonna eat itself!"

- But she loves someone else -

Ruby : Sorry Y/N-kun! It looks like practice will take longer. Let's hang out next time *insert jap emoji*

"Looks like it'll take a while. Whatever! I'll just wait for her to finish!"

Sitting in a cafe opposite of the place where Aqours usually practiced, he drank from his cup of coffee as he waited.

He was excited to do things with her, like always. Even though they have been together quite a lot, he never got tired of her. Why would he?

He spent 10 minutes just staring at the entrance, waiting for time to pass by when it opened. He was surprised to see Chika and the others heading out. What was more surprising is that Ruby didn't seem like she was heading home. Instead, she and Mari went opposite of where the others were going.

Curious, he followed them. Mari suddenly grabbed Ruby's hand and dragged her to an alleyway. He chased them, and when he turned the corner, he was met with something horrible.

They were holding hands, as Mari gave Ruby a kiss in the cheek.

They're just friends, right?

- So I had to let her go -

That wasn't the last time he saw them together. It went on for months until he couldn't take it. He was tired. He was tired of loving someone who would never love him back.

He phoned Ruby at dawn and told her to go to the beach.

"I saw you with Mari at the aquarium yesterday."

"Y-Yeah...we wanted to hang out for a while..."

"You were kissing her."

"It wasn't what you th-"

"IT'S FINE!" Y/N cut her off with a shout. He was now facing away. His fists clenched, his body trembled.

"It's fine." This time he said softly. "You don't have to force yourself. Just because you are my fiancee doesn't mean you have to stay with me."

Ruby was silent. She knew that of course. But the contract that they have meant that even if she could date Mari, she will still end up marrying him. As if he read her mind, Y/N said,

"I asked my dad to cancel our marriage. I told him I didn't want you." He turned around and forced himself to smile. "You are free now, Ruby."

It was quiet for a moment. When everything finally sinked in, Ruby walked towards Y/N and embraced him, tears in her eyes.

"Thank you, Y/N. I'm sorry." She gave him one last kiss and ran away. All alone, there stood Y/N.

Heartbroken, he looked up the sky. He tried to hold back his tears, but he couldn't and his face was now filled with sorrow and anguish. He just cried and cried. After all, he lost the love of his life.

-

It took a while, but he finally calmed down and trudged back home. He caught a glimpse of blonde hair and saw that it was them. They were riding a car and it seemed they were on their way home. Realizing something, he chuckled.

"I guess I have to cheer them on now, huh?"

He continued his walk, muttering something quietly when the black lambhorgini they were on passed him.

"Ganbaruby."

------

Yes my dear non-existent readers. I'm not dead. Was supposed ta write the Riko x Male!Reader one but I just thought of something good for the Ruby one. Also I didn't edit this thing so it ain't really good.

Also yes I ship MariRuby. Don't judge me. Rarepairs are the best pairs.

And guess what? It's almost Christmas! Yay!