[Maki x Famous!Depressed!Reader]

"Isn't she (Y/N)?"

"I heard she's so smart."

"I bet she just cheats."

"She's so pretty. No wonder people fall for her."

"Ugh. That bitch again. Stealing all the attention."

I've heard those phrases too many times. As I'm walking through the halls I can hear random whispers. I always tend to attract attention from everyone. Considering the achievements I've done throughout my life it's now a daily thing so I'm used to it. All the gossip an rumors.

But I can't ignore it.

As long as I smile and act natural they wouldn't notice it right?

I enter the classroom and see Eli and Nozomi chatting. They noticed my presence and greeted me.

"Morning (Y/N)-chan." the blonde greeted. Nozomi was about to say her greeting but it seems that they weren't the only ones who noticed me.

Just leave me alone.

A few of our classmates went to me and started talking to me. Some are asking for advice. Others just try to talk about random topics in order to gain my attention. I also hear others talking behind my back saying the usual dose of hate comments. Nozomi and Eli do not notice since they were talking in whispers that were barely audible from their desks. I just ignored them. They just go to me to get a share of my fame anyway. The teacher went inside the classroom so everyone had to get back to their seats to start class.

---

Practice is ongoing and I'm just watching them. If I could I'd just go straight home but I decided to go to their practice every now and then because of her.

"Alright let's take a 30 minute break." the blond said.

"Good work Maki-chan." I smiled and handed her a towel and water bottle. "Thanks." she drank from the bottle and I caught myself staring at her as she did it. Even when she's sweating she still looks beautiful.

"Hey Maki."

"Yeah?"

"You're pretty."

"W-What are you t-talking about! O-Of course I am! I-It's not like I care about your compliment okay?!" There she goes again with her usual reactions.

"Looks like Maki-chan is embarassed nya~" Rin teased while hugging her.

"N-No I'm not! Geez stop it!" she tried to get off Rin's hold but wasn't able to.

I just laugh at her and proceed to chat with the other members. I have become quite close with them ever since I started going to the rooftop to watch them. In fact I like it here. No pressure to study. No pressure to meet people's expectations of me. No pressure to be perfect. They treat me normally. If only things where like that. My happiness was cut short by my phone ringing.

I opened it to see a text from my mother.

From: Mom
To: (Y/N)

It's already 5:00! You need to be home to study right? You wouldn't want to disappoint me would you?

I sigh. It's always like this. I grabbed my bag and said my goodbyes to the members. "I need to go now. Bye." I said with a sad smile. I wish I could've stayed longer.

---

I arrived home. I took of my shoes and entered the living room. "I'm back." I was immediately greeted by my mother. "Welcome back. So how is the test?" Oh right we had a test during Math. I handed her a paper from my bag. She scanned it and frowned.

"A high score is nice and all but you had 2 mistakes here. Don't you want to go to Tokyo University?" she said.

You are the one who wanted it. Not me.

"I'm quite dissapointed. I expected more from you." she said with a disapproving look as she went back to the kitchen doing whatever she was doing.

After eating dinner I went to my room and lied down the bed. I stared up the ceiling doing nothing else. I'm tired of this. All this pressure. Should I just run away? Can't I just be laid back for once? Why won't people stop looking at me? My thoughts kept on racing around my head preventing me from having a good night's rest.

---

Another tiring day. I barely have slept the whole week cause of studying and I feel like I can't take another minute of all this madness. I really want to just hide and cry. Seems like I am reaching my breaking point. I saw Nozomi and Eli at the gates so I try to calm down and greet them.

"Good Morning Nozomi! Eli!" I smile.

They see me and greet me as well. We started chatting so I can at least make myself relax when the first years saw us and joined in. All of us started talking about random stuff when Maki noticed my tired eyes.

"(Y/N) have you slept at all?" All of them stared at me and noticing what Maki just pointed out.

"Maki-chan is right. You look so tired nya!"

"Yeah (Y/N) do you want us to accompany you to the clinic?"

They are all worried. That's nice. Someone actually notices. But I can't let them carry my weight.

"Don't worry. I just got caught up in studying. Anyways lets head to class." They notice the time and we parted ways. The first years heading to their classroom while us third years went to ours.

It was now lunch and I felt the need to be alone. I ran out of the classroom as soon as I can.

I'm quite disappointed.

What a bitch.

She's too perfect.

Are you even studying?

I hate them. Those voices. They won't leave my head. I just ran and ran not minding where I'm going as long as I can be alone. I ended up in a room with a piano and... Maki? She was shocked by my sudden appearance but then saw the tears running down my face. I ran right into her and she held me and sat me down. I didn't let go of her and I just cried on her shoulder. Minutes passed and I finally calm down and let go of her.

"I can't take it anymore." I finally said to her. Her face was filled with sadness when she hugged me once again.

"Don't worry. I'll be here. I'll always be here for you."

Once again I started crying tears falling again from my sore eyes. I was too busy letting my emotions out to notice what she said next.

"After all, I love you"

-------------

I not feel satisfied with what I wrote. But I feel guilty whenever I do not post something a day whether it be stories or something on social media.

Requested by gundamber101