Chapter 20

After a couple weeks of living with my mate, I had decided that it was time that... That I wanted Damian to Mark me. I just want to be like the mated women in this pack, showing off their mark proudly. I wanted to show everyone that I belonged to Damian. And he belonged to me. But what would I do? Just go up to him and say 'Hey Damian, so, I'm ready to be marked. Can you mark me?'

No. That would just be weird. Besides, things have happened, so I don't know what I want to do anymore. And what if he isn't ready to mark me? What if he decides on never marking me? What if he found someone else to mark and he doesn't know how to tell me to leave yet?

'Brittney, you know he would never do that to us.' Angel says to me, but I can tell in her voice that she would be hurt if it were to be true.

'I know. Things are just getting into my head.'

'Don't let those girls get to you. You know it's not true.'

'But Damian has been getting to his bedroom late at night now. It could make sense.' I said to her, not saying our bedroom like Damian has been wanting me to say. I just can't. Not after what's been happening. I just don't know what to believe.

**Flashback**

I was walking to the pack store, wanting to get some essential items I was running low on. I touched my small wallet that was in my back pocket one last time to make sure I didn't forget it. I had the tendency to forget the most important item that I need and remember the one I don't need.

The school near the store had just rung its final bell of the day, students rushing to get out of the one place they hate the most. Not my words, the students there told me that they hated that school, but completely my words. When I was a high schooler, I hated school. Not the school itself, but the people in there. Everyone hated me for some reason.

I've heard all these stories where the Alpha's daughter was the prettiest, the most popular girl there. That wasn't the case for me. In fact, before I ever shifted, I had to wear glasses. Thick, squared glasses. My father bought those for me, thinking they were 'fashionable enough'. Not that I minded. I wasn't into fashion. I'm still not.

My mother threw a fit when she saw them, but I had to use them to see, so she "let" me wear them. Like I was going to listen to her if she didn't.

Ever since then, every one made fun of me. I didn't listen to them, knowing that I was going to shift within that year anyway. But even after shifting and not needing those glasses anymore, people still made fun of me. Girls pretended to gag when I walked around, the only time a guy would talk to me was for a dare.

Sure, they all hurt me emotionally, but they knew they couldn't hurt me physically. Why? Because 'my daddy is the Alpha and I could tell him if I ever got a boo-boo.'

I looked around watching the kids still scrambling off the school campus, and my eyes fell onto a group of girls nearby who were laughing and pointing at me.

I was tempted to roll my eyes, but being the older one here, I decided to be mature and look away. That didn't stop them. They started talking louder, making me hear them.

"So, what do you think about Alpha?" Red shirt girl asked her pink shirt friend.

"Oh, my Gaga. He is, like, sooo hot. Do you think he has a mate?" Pink shirt replied.

"I don't think so. He never said ANYTHING about having a mate. He's free." Purple shirt said.

'Shift. Show them. Show them that you are his mate! That he is ours!' Angel roared.

I shushed her soothingly, getting her to calm down. 'Wait. I want to know what they say first.'

Angel agreed and I sat down at a bench next to those girls.

"He is, like, totally not free, Brett." A hot pink shirt says as she walks up to the group of girls.

"My name's Beth." Purple shirt mumbled.

Hot pink shirt smacked her lips together, looking disgusted that someone corrected her. She rolled her and started rolling her finger in her hair. "Whatever. Anyway, girls. He's mine. He told me that he was going to mark me pretty soon. He also said that he would meet me at my house tonight."

'Don't listen to them.' I told Angel, as soon as I felt her rage. 'She could be lying. After all, they are high schoolers.'

**Flashback ended**

Angel believed what I said. I believed it too, until Damian came home late that night. It could have just been a coincidence, so I just pushed all those thoughts of him and another girl together, and went to sleep.

The second night, he was late again. Once again, I pushed any unwanted thoughts away.

After two weeks of this, I had enough. I asked him what was going on, he replied with a "Don't worry about it." That was the last night I slept on the same bed with him. The next night, and every night until now, I slept in a guest bedroom. I don't think he noticed. He's been too busy doing whatever he does at night to notice.

I sighed, thinking about what has been going on the past month as I slid under the covers of my bed, turning the lamp light off and closed my eyes. The next thing I know, the door to the guest room slammed opened.

I opened my eyes, sat up straight to find Damian staring at me, anger filled in his eyes.