Chapter 16

"So... Whatcha wanna do?" I asked Damian while laying on the end of our bed in our room with my head tilting off it, making my hair fall towards the ground. Not that my hair touched the ground. I wish it did, but I guess not. Man, dreams do not come true. Cinderella lied to me. Anyways... Just ignore that last bit. Hehe.... I started swinging my head gently side to side, watching my hair start swaying along as I waited for my mate to answer. Whom was taking forever, might I add.

"Hmm. I don't know. What do you wanna do?" Damian finally questioned me after it seemed like eternity as he looked up from his phone. He was sitting up on the bed, with his legs spread out, hence me being on the edge of the bed and almost falling off.

"I asked you first. Therefore you have to answer me first. It's the rules." I said, halfway sitting up, looking at him.

"Oh yeah? Well I asked you second!"

"What does that have to do with anything? Everyone knows that the first question has to be answered first!" I exclaimed, feeling quite proud of myself for actually staying strong in this 'argument' that we were having. Usually in almost every argument I had with just about anyone, I would not be able to come up with a comeback. And even though my comebacks in this 'argument' weren't very good, it was still something. And that something was to be proud of. Woot woot.

"I basically asked you the same question!"

"Well, if I knew anything for us to do, I would have suggested it. So, I asked you that question, hoping you would know what to do. So I win." I said, sticking my tongue out at him.

He sighed. "Fine... But only because I love you." He said smiling at me, his eyes filled with adoration.

"You're just saying that because you have nothing to say back." I laughed at him.

He chuckled. "That may be true, but that doesn't mean I don't love you."

"I love you too." I smiled at him. "Now... Whatcha wanna do?"

He groaned. "This again? Seriously?"

"Fine. We can just walk around the pack house till we find something fun to do."

"And this right here, hanging out with your undoubtably handsome mate is not fun enough for you? Especially when he's giving all his beloved attention to you?" He questioned, raising an eyebrow.

I stared blankly at him. "You gave more attention to your phone than me." I kidded.

"Ok, ok. I'm putting my phone down." He said slowly, while slowly putting his down, to make sure I could see his actions clearly.

"Too late for that now. I'm hungry." I said as I got off the bed and walked out of the room, and closed the door, leaving my mate in shock. Serves him right... And I seriously am hungry.

I started down the hallway and was about to turn towards the stairs when I heard the door open again.

"Brittney."

I turned my head towards the sound of Damian's voice and smiled. "Yes?"

"I'm so sorry baby, but I have some Alpha work to do. I'll be in my office if you need me, alright?"

I brightly smiled at him. "Alright!" What? I was in a good mood! I was going to get some food!

He chuckled as he made his way to his office and I made my way to the kitchen. As I walked into my heaven, I saw Ashlen digging into the fridge.

"Ashlen! No time no see, huh?" I joked, making my way towards her.

She looked up from the fridge, and I saw tears streaming down her face. My smile instantly dropped and my hunger instantly forgotten, as I rushed to embrace my friend into a tight but able to breathe kind of hug. A loving kind of hug.

"Ashlen? What's wrong?" I asked soothingly as I rubbed her back when I backed out of the hug.

"Oh Brittney! It's so horrible!" She sobbed out, bringing her hands to her face.

"What?"

"Jacob and I have been really wanting a child for so long now, and... And we've tried. We really have." She sobbed. Remember the guard that is Ashlen's mate? (And the guard whom I had to ask for a pad?) Ya, that's Jacob.

"And?" I questioned softly, trying not to seem like I was pushing her into answering me.

"Well, nothing worked. And I went to the doctor to see why, and she said the I wasn't eligible to have children! How am I going to tell Jacob? He'll be so disappointed!"

"Hey... Hey, Ashlen. It's not your fault. It's not like you told your body to not be eligible to have a child. He's not gonna be disappointed for something you can't control. He'll understand."

She chuckled, as she started wiping her tears away. "But how am I going to tell him?"

"It's simple. Just tell him." She gave me a bewildered look as I said that. I gave a soft smile before continuing. "Listen, it's going to be better to just tell him as soon as possible. You don't want him to continue to believe that you can have children and then twenty years later with no child, have him ask you why. Ok, maybe not twenty. Maybe five. But same difference. But all I'm going to say is that he'll understand. He might be sad at first, but in the end, it'll all be ok."

She gave me a soft laugh. "Yeah, you're right. I'll go tell him." She said as she walked off in some direction to find her mate.

I smiled, watching her walk off before turning all of my beloved attention to the fridge. "Now..." I thought out loud as I opened the refrigerator door, my stomach remembering that it was hungry as I looked through the fridge trying to see if anything would catch my eye. "What to eat."