The next morning I woke in my clothes from the previous night. My face was smudged with make up and tears stained my cheeks. My hair was everywhere and some stuck to my face. I woke up with a massive headache and realized that I cried myself to sleep last night, after the argument we had last night. I looked around the room and to the space on the bed side me and realized that Zayn didn't even come to bed last night. I got up and walked down the small hall towards the kitchen and living room and realized that Zayn was nowhere to be found.
-
Even though I didn't want to see him right now, I was worried for his absence. It wasn't like him to just disappear like this. I drank a quick black coffee before getting in the shower and changing into some brand new clothes. May he decided to go somewhere to clear his thoughts? Back to his dorm room in the frat maybe?
-
I just didn't understand what was so hard about his opening up to me about his past love? Was the scar of his past relationship that freshly open that it pained him to talk about it still? As much as I wanted Zayn and I to be at peace with our relationship, that was never going to happen if Zayn didn't tell me the whole truth. I just need him to trust him and I knew I didn't have that because he couldn't open up to me, no matter how much I begged him to.
-
Was she a devil in disguise and anything that had to do with her was just painful to talk about? What did she do to him that just left him so broken from inside? He had told me bits and pieces of their relationship in LA but it wasn't the full story, and therefore I could never full understand why he was just afraid to fully love. I realized that Zayn was never going to be fully at peace with our relationship or love me fully with no linger cloud over his head if he didn't try to at least tell me the full story.
-
At first I thought it was because of the estrange relationship with his father. However, Zayn didn't care much for what his father had to say. The connection between the two was gone, and there would always be that fatherless void in his heart, but after ten years of abandonment he had learned to live with it.
-
I grabbed my apartment keys and closed the door behind me, making my way towards the elevator and out of the lobby doors towards the campus to find out Zayn's mysterious whereabouts. He's never done this and the fact that he left and didn't come home to sleep at least worried me. I hoped he was at least at the frat house with Levi. I tried calling him but he didn't pick up. Maybe he did need time to himself.
***
Once I arrived at the campus, I decided to call Levi to at least make sure he was there before I walked up to see for myself. Several rings later, Levi finally picked up. "Selena hey!" Levi exclaimed through the line.
-
"Hey Levi, I was just wondering if Zayn is there at the dorm with you? He didn't come home last night and I am kind of worried." I admitted.
-
"Z-Zayn?" He questioned. "Uhhh..." He trailed off.
-
"Yeah Zayn, your best friend?" I questioned him weirdly. "I tried calling him but he's not picking up." I added.
-
"Oh Zayn! Y-yeah...he's here but don't worry I'll tell him you called." He says. "His phone is probably dead or something." He said.
-
"Ok well when he wakes up can you tell him-..." I began.
-
Before Levi caught me off. "Yeah I will bye Selena." He said and the line went dead.
-
I frowned at the weirdness of the call and clicked the red phone icon ending the line on my end. I walked across campus to the boys fraternity when I spotted Jackie who was walking on the sidewalk towards the fraternity in a hurry talking on the phone intensively waving her hands in the air. "Jackie?" I called out in question.
-
She stopped on her feet when she spotted me and ended the call holding the phone in her hands. "Selena!" She said cheery.
-
"Jackie where have you been for the past two days?" I questioned.
-
"Studying." She smiled walking towards me. "Matter of fact wanna grab some breakfast? My treat." She said.
-
"Thanks but no thanks, Zayn and I had this heated argument last night and he didn't come home to sleep last night, I'm worried about him so I'm coming to see if he at least spent the night here." I said pointing at the double doors.
-
She chuckled. "I'm sure he's fine."
-
"Not until I see for myself." I said to her and walked past her through the double doors.
-
I walked down the corridor and up the stairs to the very last room as Jackie followed behind me. "Selena you know Zayn, he's probably shit faced drunk, and he forgot to call, it's nothing I'm sure." She brushed off my concern.
-
"He's never done this before." I say to her. "It's strange." I admitted.
-
I knocked on the door and waited for Levi to open the door for me, as Jackie stood beside me standing impatiently. "Jackie thank god you're here-..." Levi said opening the door. "Selena!" He exclaimed when he saw me followed by a nervous laugh.
-
"If you wouldn't have hung up so suddenly, you would have known that I came to see if Zayn was alright, I just want to know it he's ok because he didn't come home last night-..." I said pushing past him and the door.
-
Jackie followed behind me and my eyes widen not believing what I was seeing in front of me. It was Lucy who sat up next to a passed out Zayn both naked under the sheets as grabbed and wrapped one of the bed sheets around her body. "Selena." She breathed, not bothered by the situation she found herself in.
-
"Oh my god." Jackie whispered in disbelief beside me.
-
While I stood there lost for words as my heart felt like it was being ripped out of my chest standing there, I wanted to die at what I saw before me.
***