14 ; Revised

Stars Dance
Chapter 14
-

Selena's Point of View

ZAYN WAS NEARLY drunk by conscious just sitting on the sofa drinking the whole bottle of whiskey away. He chugged away from the bottle, after ever sip he took. He leans back onto the sofa and notices that I stand behind him. I say nothing, I just stare, I never thought that the alcohol would be his worst enemy. Was this his escape? I questioned. Was he addicted to alcohol? Many thoughts ran through my mine, as I saw him take down the bitter liquid.
-
What was worse is how he kept my attention fully on him, he managed to get out of his jean jacket and his shirt that he had one. My eyes grew wide at the body of art that he had displayed all over his body. He was a work of art. "Afraid of me yet?" He chuckled.
-
I approached him and sat beside him just watching him drown himself in the alcohol. "No." I whispered.
-
"It's fine if you are." He says. "Everybody is." He shrugs his shoulders.
-
"Zayn I am not afraid you." I told him. "And I don't think drinking away your guilt is the solution either." I say glancing at the bottle in his hand, then looking up at him.
-
"I don't know what else to do." He admits setting the half empty bottle on the coffee table. "I just want to forget." He palms his face with his hands. "Everything." He sighed.
-
"Do you want to talk about it?" I whispered.
-
"But then you came along, and I just...I fell." He says with nearly a slur in his words. He was just rambling, on and I didn't even think he knew what he was saying himself. "I saw you and I knew I had to have you." He says. "That night when you walked into the party...like honestly Selena, what is it that you saw in me? How could you like me? If I don't even like myself." He points at his chest. "I hate who I am. What I've become." He trails on. "There's always going to be a part of me inside of me, that I will hate." He confesses. "Don't you just wish you could have that part of you gone?" He says.
-
Maybe it was the whiskey talking, but Zayn was at its most vulnerable here with me. Here we had a man who was at his lowest just telling me what he disliked most about himself. The way he presented himself was different from how he was sitting here with me. I don't think anyone knew this side of Zayn nor did he want anyone to find out. "I want to be good, for you at least." He says. "Fuck what everyone else thinks, but I care about what you think about the most." He admits. "I want you to see the good in me, because I can be." He takes my hand in his. "I know I can."
-
"I trust you unless you don't give a reason otherwise." I explain.
-
"One day you'll know my story." He says. "One day you'll understand." He says taking my hand in his.
-
He begins to lean closer, and attaches his lips to mine and kisses me softly. Whenever he kisses me or I kiss him, a spark emerges throughout my body and it is an explainable feeling. I grown to like Zayn a lot, and he wasn't like people made him out to me. This bad aura that surrounded him wasn't who he really was. He was a guy with feelings, sensible, and vulnerable. I hope he felt the same way about me. I really did.
-
He slowly leaned me back onto the sofa and hovered over me as he kissed down my neck and his hand riddled up my thigh, I squirmed under his touch and he smirked in a breathless laugh against my lips. I didn't think I was ready to fully do it with Zayn. "Okay." I said as he slightly moved while I stood up from the sofa where we sat.
-
"What's wrong?" He questioned.
-
"I just don't think it would be ok to do this while you're under the influence." I told him.
-
"You don't even want to do it when I am not." He mumbled under his breath.
-
"What are you saying? I just don't think its a good idea." I admit to him. "Plus, I'm not ready." I whispered.
-
"When will you be?" He sounded irritated.
-
"I don't know." I admit. "Don't you dare talk down on me either." I tell him in defense.
-
He scoffed and clenched his jaw. "What? Don't tell me you're waiting like the prince fucking charming in literature?" He nearly laughs.
-
"How many more times are we going to touch that subject?" I roll my eyes. "I don't think of him, I don't want him." I explain.
-
"And I rather you don't think of him at all." He says. "I can just tell how bad he wants you, by the way he looks at you." He admits.
-
"And how does he look at me, since you know? Because I don't see it, because I don't like him." I defend.
-
"The same way I look at you every day since I saw you the first night at the frat party." He says. "With lust in his gaze, hunger in his eyes. He wants you so fucking bad." He says. "He feeds off into the energy you give him." He adds. "One simple smile and you had me at your feet, imagine how he must feel every time you say his name?" He adds. "Every fucking morning, he just cannot wait to come to class and see you." He laughs.
-
I scoff. "He asked me out." I blurt out.
-
His focus turns dark and fixes his gaze on me. "He what?" He raises an eyebrow.
-
"You heard right, he asked me out on a date today." I tell him.
-
"And you said no right?" He steps closer to me. "Am I correct?" He presses further. "Selena you're my girlfriend." He says.
-
"He doesn't know that." I lift my shoulders carelessly.
-
"Next time I see him, I am going to-..." He begins on his rant.
-
"You're not going to do anything, because I turned him down." I semi-lie. I am going to, when I see him next class but Zayn didn't know that yet.

•••