Letting Go and Saying Goodbye

Chapter 18

Letting Go and Saying Goodbye

{Dylan's POV}

I walked out of the room in a daze. Zack had said that he loved me. That was all I needed to here. Even if that was the only time he would actually admit it. I just knew in my heart now, that he loved me back.

I saw Liam waiting in the waiting room. He was talking to Michael. I sighed, I really don't what to hurt Liam or myself. But I knew I needed to break the ties I had with him. I walked over to them. They looked up at me to see if I was ok.

“He woke up.” I said. I gave Michael a look for him to leave. He nodded.

“I think I’ll go talk to him for a second.” He said and started over for Zack's room. I sat down next to Liam. He looked over at me for a split second before he looked down at his lap playing with his hands.

“So, you got Zack.” He said quietly. I was forcing myself to look at him because if I had good – make that any – sense, I would have turned away. That way I didn't have to see the hurt in his eyes. But I had to do this, even if it did hurt.

“Ya. He finally told me he loves me.” I saw him shrink back a little, “Liam... look at me.” He looked up at me and I could see his eyes were holding back the tears. I sighed.

“I'm fine. It's what I was suppose to do. The getting Zack thing I mean.” he said giving a sad smile, “We weren't meant to be. We knew that from the start. So it's ok. Really I’ll be ok.” He said trying to reassure both of us. I knew when he talked about 'the Zack thing I mean' the other thing was him falling in love. That wasn't intended.

“I know... I just, I wish that we could still at least be friends without our feelings getting in the way. You know?” I said grabbing his hands to stop him from playing with them. He sighed.

“I know. I mean, I can still talk to you. But as far as seeing each other face to face, I don't know. That would be risky. And I’m pretty sure Zack wants me out of your life.” He said laughing at the last part. I laughed too see as that's probably true. Liam's pocket started vibrating. He took his phone out and sent a quick text to someone before he stood up.

“I have to go.” he said.

“So... this is like the last time I’ll see you?” I said to Liam, getting up also.

“Probably... well at least for a while.” he said scratching the back of his neck. I sighed and pulled him into a hug.

“I'm going to miss you.” I whispered in his ear.

“Me too.” He said and then he gave me one last kiss. It wasn't over the top just something to show how much he had been holding back. I could feel all the hurt and sadness and love in that kiss. I felt sad that I wouldn't be able to see him again. Even with the hole 'I can't control how I feel or what I do around you and I want to fuck you and be in a relationship with you but I can't because I’m in love with someone else' thing, we were actually pretty good friends.

Slowly he pulled away and wrapped me tight in another hug. He pulled back after a while and then he slowly started to walk away from me and soon, a little too soon, I was watching his back retreat out of the hospital doors and off into the parking lot.

It hurt. A lot. But not as much as it would if I lost Zack today.

A/N  Are you guys happy now??? Liam is gone. I hope your happy! *sob sob*. Welllllll now that that's over with, OMG THE BOOK IS ALMOST OVER!!!!! :( But that also means... Sex Scene.... Oh lord. I'm going to go write now. Before I go to the movies with my friends. Get ready, Zack is going to break up with some boys!!! O.O