Chapter 15

"Mother, you're S!"

Everyone in the room was shocked at the revelation of Carla Snow being S. The same woman who threatened to kill baby Barry and reign terror over the kingdom.

"How?" Amelia asked in a whisper, "You tried to kill Barry and take over the kingdom a-and forced me into a marriage! Why!"

"I️ did it for you girls!" Carla retorted.

Caitlin scoffed, "Oh no, you are not going to be like one of those villains who think they are doing evil for their family. But in reality mother, you're not! You're doing this out of your own cruel heart!" She finished growling.

"Everything you girls have! Everything you girls got to experience was because of S! Everything!" Carla snapped.

"What do you mean?" Henry asked holding his sword to her back.

Carla smiled wickedly, "Well if you want an explanation, you might want to put the flimsy sword down."

Henry glanced at everyone and they nodded. He slowly put his sword by his side and made his way around Carla, his grip on the sword still tight.

"Well then, let's all take a seat" She cackled. And with a flick of her wrist they were all confined to the pews with ropes around their bodies.

"Y-you have magic?" Barry gaped.

"That is mad freaky" Cisco whispered whilst Felicity nodded.

"As you know, your father's death had taken a toll on all of us, but it did more than cause us pain emotionally." Carla began, "We began to lose our money, and the war that was upstarting didn't make matters any better. My job just wasn't enough to keep us from going poor soon. As I was taking a walk in the forest, I came across something. Something I could tell was of great power."

"What was it?" Nora questioned.

"This" Carla pulled out an object that was shaped like a cross and was glowing dark purple, "As soon as I made contact with it, it was like it bonded to me. It gave me these powers. At first I thought this would help with our finances, but I was mistaken. They don't make you have nice things, they only bring destruction. And the stronger the magic grew...the more destruction it caused."

Everyone gaped at Carla with fear in their eyes. The ropes they were struggling to get out of completely forgotten as they started to listen intently.

"I didn't want these new found powers to hurt you girls so I was going to get rid of them. But then there was a sign. One that said we would have to evict our house in a week if we couldn't pay!" Carla continued in disgust.

"Why didn't you just come to the palace! We could have helped you for a while!" Henry spoke through gritted teeth.

"That's the point! A while. I needed to make sure we would never have to worry about our troubles again. That's when the war started and an idea came to mind. I had begun to discover  new powers everyday and one was teleportation.  I accidentally teleported myself to the palace and that's where I saw you Barry. I knew that if I threatened your life, the king would give me whatever I pleased." Carla explained smirking.

Barry glared at her breathing heavily. Then why the arranged marriage?" Amelia questioned.

"If you married the prince, not only would you be set for life, but never have to worry about a single thing! I was planning on doing the same for you Caitlin. And I still can."

"Never! Mother this is stupid! I cannot believe you!" Caitlin yelled, "Don't you see that your hurting everyone around you! Including us!"

"Girls, I would never do anything to hurt you!

"Tell that to my leg" Caitlin muttered.

Carla took a deep breath, "That was an accident. It was meant for Mr. Long Hair over there."

"Hey!" Cisco exclaimed.

"Anyway, everything was going as planned. Fear was now in the king because of my threat. The payments came and we became wealthier than ever. The only thing I didn't count on was you two falling in love. That was certainly a twist" Carla laughed.

"You knew!" Caitlin exclaimed.

"Oh please, you really thought that I didn't know that Caitlin was the other person Barry loved? Amelia I'm not stupid."

"But if you knew, then why didn't you just call off the threat? Caitlin would have married Barry and she would still be set for life. And you would have your money." Felicity spoke.

"I basically said it in a prophecy type of way. You can't go against a prophecy." Carla replied.

"You could have just changed it!" Amelia said angrily. They didn't want Carla to do this in the first place, but there seemed to be a lot of alternatives.

"For God's sakes! You can't change a prophecy!" Carla said angrily whilst rolling her eyes, "It doesn't matter. The promise was broken so I will take over this kingdom! And when I come back, I will kill all of you except for my two daughters, you're stuck with me. And trust me...you want to be for what's coming." She said slyly and sashayed out the door.

"We need to get out of here and stop her!" Amelia groaned.

"We will! I think my sword can cut through the ropes...can someone grab it?" Henry asked.

"Cait you're the closest to him, can you reach it?" Barry asked.

But Caitlin wasn't listening. Her eyes were still glued to the spot where her mother once was. "Cait?"

"Huh? Oh yeah...let me try." She replied, reaching for the sword. She tried with all her might and soon got a hold of the handle. She thrusted it up and cut the ropes. Caitlin smiled as the ropes that once bind them were now sprawled on the floor.

"Come on, we have to stop her!" Henry said. They all ran out of the room but Barry grabbed Caitlin's arm and turned her around.

"Cait? Are you okay?" Barry asked worriedly.

"Yeah" she replied uneasily.

"Hey" He cupped her face in his hands, "We will stop her."

She sighed and leaned into his touch, "It's not that. I-I guess I just didn't want her to be the bad guy this time...I know that sounds selfish."

"It's not selfish Cait. In fact, it's the complete opposite! I know how I felt when I thought my father was the one keeping us apart, and I just can't imagine what your going through right now. But don't worry, she can still be saved." He reassured her.

She smiled lovingly at him and nodded. He leant in and kissed her lips before pulling away slightly, "Let's got get her."

Caitlin took a deep breath, "Let's go get her."