Chapter 9

Caitlin woke up the next morning greeted by the sunlight. She stretched her arms and felt a soft hand on her right arm stopping her from extending any further. She smiled as she realized she was not alone.

"Good morning" a voice spoke huskily in her ear softly kissing her shoulder.

She turned and was met with those piercing green eyes as the memories of last night occurred in her mind over and over again. She blushed at the thought. This really was a fairytale. Never in a million years would she think that she of all people would fall in love with the prince. And that he would love her back.

"Good morning to you too" She whispered snuggling into him further, "We should be getting up soon...your servants will be coming to wake up you up for breakfast and the last thing we need is on of them seeing us like this."

"It's only 7:00 and breakfast starts at 8:00 so they won't come until later" He replied.

"Good" she mumbled.

They stayed in bed for a little while longer before they both got dressed and were now holding each other and cuddling on his bed in a comfortable silence.

"Last night was amazing" Barry said breaking the silence.

"That it was" She said smiling, "I never want this to end."

"It won't Cait, I love you."

She blushed at the new nickname he gave her, "I love you too, but what if they find out about us and force us apart? What then?"

"That won't happen. And if they force us apart then-then I would give up being the future king. I can't imagine my life without you Cait and if that title binds me to something that says I'm not allow to be with you then so be it." Even if that means not accepting my title. He said softly.

"I can't ask you to give up something for me like-like The Little Mermaid."

Barry looked at her and burst out laughing, "What?"

"You know...Princess Ariel gave up her voice to gain legs so that she could be with her prince. Your saying you want to give up being king to be with me; thus, like The Little Mermaid" She stated.

"So, your saying that I'm the Mermaid? That makes no sense." Barry said still laughing.

Caitlin rolled her eyes, "Oh so it's okay for you to say which fairytale we are most like, but when I finally mention one it's automatically wrong?"

"Yes" He replied teasingly, "You need to get your fairytales right" He said making his was on top of her.

"Shut up" She joked and pressed her lips onto his in a passionate kiss.

A knock on the door made them break apart, "Sire, it is time for breakfast. May I come in?"

The two jumped up from the bed in distraught. They couldn't be caught now. "I thought you said they wouldn't be coming until later!" Caitlin shouted but whispered.

Barry looked at the clock, "Yeah...it is later!" He said running his hand behind his neck, "Okay, um...hide in there!"

"What!" Caitlin spoke as he pushed her into the closet.

"Just trust me!" He shut the door and straightened himself out, "Come in."

One of the servants came in with a warm smile on her face. "Good morning! Your family is making their way to the dining hall. Have you seen Caitlin? She wasn't in her chambers this morning."