Chapter 14

Barry stared at the mysterious intruder whilst Henry recoiled in fear and started begging for mercy. "Please S! I'll do anything!"

"I️ gave you the simplest of all tasks and you literally couldn't even see it through! I️ think you have run out of chances Henry." S said slyly.

"So you're S?" Barry questioned stepping in front of Caitlin, "What do you want? And why did you write my father that note?"

Henry diverted his gaze to Barry and furrowed his eyebrows. "You know about the note?"

"Henry, what note is he talking about?" Nora asked.

S started laughing evilly, "You think you know your father and husband well, but what you don't know is he has a secret. A pretty nasty one to."

"Tell us something we don't know" Cisco snorted in the background. Amelia lightly giggled and Barry and Caitlin smirked.

This made S madder though. "Oh so you like jokes huh? Well, I️ don't really take a liking to them!" S yelled.

He/She raised their hand and started blasting them with some purple magic. Everyone took cover in the pews.

Barry saw a sword laying on the ground and grabbed it quickly. He gripped the handle and signaled for Cisco to distract S.

Cisco, understanding the message, stood up and began rambling, "Hey, S is it? Quick question...are you like a guy or girl? Because your voice sounds all deep but it could just be a disguise so wanna help me out?" He finished with a smile.

S snarled and aimed for him, "Okay, so that's a no!" Cisco shrieked ducking out of the way. However, once he did so, the blast ricocheted and hit a part of Caitlin's leg.

She screamed in pain and clutched her leg, and S flinched for a moment. Barry saw this and took this moment to attack. With all his might and anger, he swung at S. S ducked out of the way, but the sword managed to scratch arm and S screamed in pain.

"Let's move!" Barry shouted when S was all the way down. He ran over to Caitlin and picked her up bridal style and everyone scurried out of the room.

They found shelter in one of the rooms and Barry lay Caitlin on the bed, "Hey, you alright?"

He put his hand gently on her leg but she still winced in pain, "I think it's just bruised but it really hurts." Caitlin replied.

Amelia came over to her and Barry turned to Henry who was watching the door, "Father, what is going on!" He whispered but shouted.

"Barry is this really the issue right now!" He said rolling his eyes without taking them off the door.

"Wha-Yes! It most certainly is! Tell us what is going on!" Barry demanded.

"Fine" Henry grumbled, "Cisco come watch the door."

"But I want to here the story!" He whined.

"Cisco!" They all shouted at him. He put his hands up in defeat and took Henry's position at the door.

"Okay, I'll start from the beginning." He started, "Do you remember the story I used to tell you when you were younger? The one about the war?"

Barry nodded, "Of course, you told me how our kingdom and another went to war with each other, and we fought valiantly and won" he stated recalling the story he heard numerous times.

"Well, at that time you-all of you- were nothing but babies. Helpless children. When the war was finally over, I came to check on you while your mother attended to wounded people. But when I came in to where we hid you, there was another person there." Henry continued.