Chapter 10- You Don't Know How Happy I Am

The past two weeks, Katie got busy over school, nursing Zach after school, and spending the night with her family. Connor was still mad at what had happened between Katie and Zach so he kept he kept his distance from her and kept a look out everyday for Zach if showed up to school.

Two weeks later, Zach came back to school with his face bruises mostly healed and his arm a little better. He went straight to look for Katie who was at her locker taking some books out for the next class. "Hey", said Zach with that same mischievous grin as always on his face. "Zach? I didn't know you were coming back to school today.", said Katie, surprised. "Yeah, I got bored already laying in bed for two weeks so here I am", he said with an amused grin. "How's your arm?", she asked worriedly. "It's gonna be alright to go for practice again I guess", he said. "Don't you think you should...give it a little more time to fully recover?", asked Katie. "Hey, I'm alright don't worry.", he said. "Please......just a week more..", she begged anxiously. "Hahah..okay..I won't go for practice. Better?", he chuckled. By now, they were getting some attention and stares by the other kids because they were wondering why the hell is a star hockey player talking to the nobody nerd girl. "Hey..thank you for taking care of me every day for the past two weeks. I'm sorry you had to walk home. If you'd just let me drive you....", he said but cut off by Katie. "You know you can't, and my place is not that far away.", she said.

Connor was walking to his locker with the guys when he spotted Katie at her locker talking to Zach. "So he's back in school. Good luck to him.", thought Connor to himself.

"So you're not comin' over to my place anymore huh?", asked Zach. "Yeah, I'm so glad you're better now.", said Katie. "When can I see you again?", he asked. "You're looking at me now.", she said in confusion. "I meant outside of school.", he clarified, scratching his nape. "Oh..uh..I don't..know..think its a good idea..", she stuttered. "So we're just not gonna talk anymore? You're gonna pretend like all those nice things over the past weeks never happened?", he said dejectedly. Katie stared at the floor trying to find words but none came to her. "Please..come over after school. I wanna see you..", he pleaded softly but urgently. "Zach.....but why..?", she asked, looking up into his eyes. "Because I can't get over you. I just wanna keep seeing and seeing you.", he blurted out. Katie fell silent in shock. "Oh..wow..", he said, realizing he said too much. Katie wanted to kiss him on the cheek at that moment but she just can't let anybody in school see that. "I better get to class..", she said. "Katie..I'm sorry for saying that...", he began apologizing profusely. "Don't be. I'll come over after school.", she said. "What? Really? Katie..ride with me later.", he offered. "I'll just walk.", she said nervously. "What why?!", he asked. "I like walking.", said pathetically. "But I'm going home too. It's silly for me to drive while you walk to my place.", he said. "Zach..I can't...I better get to class now.", she said hurriedly. "Katie!", he called out but she walked fast to class. He knew she thought it'd be weird to the other kids if they saw them going home together. Katie wasn't a popular girl and people expect for him to hang out with popular girls.

After school, as Zach was walking to his car and thinking about how bummed out he was that Katie didn't wanna let him give her a ride to his place and whether she will still show up later, he heard someone call his name from behind. "NOLAN.", said Connor. "ADAMS. Thanks for punching my face. And the great advice. Stay away from Katie? Why. Why should I stay away from Katie huh?", asked Zach. "Because she isn't that kind of girl to play around with.", Connor said through gritted teeth. "What makes you think I'm just playin' with her?", asked Zach. "Don't you dare touch her again.", warned Connor. "I'll be fucking her hard just like how hard she kisses me.", taunted Zach and a punch was thrown at his face. "WTF ADAMS! YOU DONT OWN HER! YOU'RE NOTHING TO HER! SO STOP ACTING LIKE YOU ARE! DON'T BLAME ME IF YOU LIKE HER AND SHE DOESN'T LIKE YOU!", shouted Zach. "I didn't say I like her. I'm telling you not to play her.", said Connor, fuming. "Oh yeah right, YOU DON'T LIKE HER. Tell that to your face. I should be the one warning you to not play with two girls. Amanda and Katie? You have a girlfriend. I don't. So what's wrong with me liking Katie? Practice what you preach man.", said Zach. "Amanda is not my girlfriend." "Well the whole school sure thinks she is so fuck off thanks. I need to get home to Katie in my bed." Connor swallowed and punched Zach again. "Punch all you want. I'll get more nursing and kisses by her for it just like how she nursed all those bruises from your punch the other day." said Zach. Connor grabbed his collar and threw him against his car and left.

"Oh my god what happened?" asked Katie as Zach walked into his bedroom. "It's nothing.", replied Zach, putting down his backpack. "Who punched you?", she asked worriedly. "Nothing happen Katie. Don't worry bout it.", he replied. "Something happened. You've been gone for so long. I reached here an hour ago.", she said, and left to get an ice pack. It's really nothing. I'm glad you came here. I thought you wouldn't.", he smiled sitting down on his bed. "You said you wanted to see me.", she said smiling back and handing him the ice pack. "I do. Hey..my parents left this morning for a business trip in Dubai for a week so we got the whole place to ourselves. I wanna make you dinner.", he said excitedly. "Make? You know how to cook?", she asked in surprise. "Well mom and dad had always been away for business. So...I pretty much had to learn to take care myself and the house..", he explained, pressing the ice pack to the bruises. "I don't..think I can stay for dinner..", she said. "Why not?", he asked. "I don't think dad would be okay with that..", she said. "What? Ken has slept here for years and stayed out all night at parties.", he said. "Idk..when Ken does it its okay but if I do, they will ask alot of questions I'm sure, including Ken.", she said. "So say you're at a friend's.", he said. "They know I have no friends..", she said. Zach knew that was true because he'd be surprised too if she had a friend. He knew if Ken found out she's staying out late to hang out with him, he'd kill him. "Well..I guess I can make you lunch on the weekends?", he asked. "Im hungry now.", she said. "I'll fix you a sandwich, yeah?", he asked excitedly. "Yes, please.", she said, smiling. "Come with me.", he said. He took her hand and led her to the kitchen, opening the fridge. "Wow..that's a lot of food.", she said. "I have everything.", he chuckled taking out the mayo, mustard and some lettuce. They made some delicious sandwiches together, talking and laughing about some stuff. "I didn't know you knew Connor", he said when they were done eating. "I don't.", she said, washing the plates. "Oh okay.", he said knowing it was true. But why the hell is Connor so intense about Katie if she didn't even know him? "Connor punched you didn't he?", she asked. "No.", he said quietly as he cleared the kitchen table. "Who else would hit you?", she asked. "No one did Katie, its all good.", he said, wondering if she knew Connor liked her. "You can shower here if you want you know.", he said and went to the cupboard to get a new towel for her. "That's okay.", she declined. "You're gonna be staying a lot.", he grinned mischievously. "You go ahead, I'll do some homework.", she said. "Okay, well I'll put it here if you need it.", he said and got in the shower. Katie stared at the pastel pink towel on the table for a bit, then took out her homework and started on it.

Zach came out of the shower with a towel around his neck, ruffling his wet hair, seeing Katie working on her homework on his bed. She looked so cute and Zach walked to the bed and jumped in, tackling her till she fell on the bed. He kissed her lips fiercely and Katie was in shock like a ragdoll. She had never been tackled while doing homework. Her body went stiff as he kissed her passionately, pinning her hands beside head. He stopped and looked at her. "Please...kiss me back Katie.", he begged softly. She looked up at him and he looked at her for permission, then leaning in to kiss her lips softly. He felt her kiss him back lightly and smiled, pulling away. "Katie...you don't know how happy I am that you're here..", he said softly looking into her eyes. Katie melted seeing the look on his face, like a sad puppy. He kissed her again and she kissed him back harder as he wrapped his arms around her pulling her close and squeezing her. They laid like that for a while until Katie reminded that he needed ointment for the bruises and they got up.

P/S: IM BACK! Been busy w/ traveling and going back to school. So excited I can write again! 🎉🎉🎉
Q: Are you a Team Connor or Team Zach?