Chapter 1- Getting Attention She Didnt Want

Katie sat at the window looking out of the class at the woods nearby, completely unaware of a pair of predator's eyes at the back of the class. As the bell rings, everyone gets up from their seats to leave the class except Katie, who was still daydreaming and taking her time in her own world.

Connor gets up slowly walking to Katie's desk, his eyes never leaving her. He had told his friends he wanted to doze off in the classroom a bit so they left reluctantly without their captain of the football team. "Hey, not going to lunch?", asked Connor.

Katie snapped out of her daydream and looked at the beautiful guy hovering her. "Heyy..", was all she could say because she was awkward like that. In her heart, she was cursing herself for being so stupid and out of breath. Her heart is hammering under her dress and she was sure it was gonna pop out. How can she not, when right in front of her, talking to her is CONNOR ADAMS, heartthrob of Westside High.

Katie felt so stupid for having nothing to say, like she's such a boring person. She didn't wanna tell him how she had period cramps so bad she couldn't walk. And she didn't wanna ever lie to him. "You okay?", Connor asked. "Yeah, yeah, I am. I just..don't have appetite.", she lied ,cringing inside but comforting herself that its partly true so she isn't that bad of a person. "Oh..are you unwell?", asked Connor who seemed awkward running his fingers through his hair. Katie cringed again thinking how she had made him obligated to say something when he clearly just wanted to make a passing question at her and bolt out the door to join his fun friends. "You can say that..", Katie smiled sheepishly thinking what an idiot she is. "Hey, if you're sick, you should really go to the nurses office. Don't force yourself to come to every single class..jeez......you never miss any do you?" Connor laughed and he looked so charming to Katie and she blushed so red and thought to herself that he noticed her??! And long enough to know she had never missed a freaking class?! She never would have thought he even knew she was in his class. Most people treat her like shes a ghost floating down the hallways. Completely invincible. "No..I'm really okay..I just need some rest here. I don't feel like walking", Katie said politely. "Uhh..in that case, I'll give you a ride home later", Connor offered. "NO!" (which came out too loud, Katie turned red) "I mean..its really fine, its not that bad." Katie said worriedly. "Hey, its not big deal. I'll see you outside later." With that said, Connor left the classroom.

Katie left out a huge breath she did realise she was holding and thought about the mess she got herself into. On one hand, she cannot believe Connor was talking to her and offering to take her home and on the other, she knew if she was seen with Connor, she'd get too much attention and hate. Katie sighed and planned to take the back gate home which was longer and she had massive period cramps but its the only way.

The next class bell rang and Katie made her way to English slowly like an invalid. As she sat and took out her pen and notebook at her desk by the window, Connor walked past her and placed a milk carton on her desk without saying anything and leaving straight for his desk at the far back with the rest of the football guys.

Katie glanced over her shoulder to look at him questioningly but he didn't look back at her. She felt the carton and it was so cold she sighed. She cannot take cold drinks, not during her period. It would make her hurt more. Mr. Richard called Katie's name, snapping her out of her thoughts. "Katie, can you please start off by reading page 25?" Katie swallowed as it was few pages long with small words and she was too tired so she stared at the book. Mr. Richard frowned and called her name again snapping her out of her silence. Katie immediately stood up and started reading the pages hoping her dress did not have bloodstains. That would literally kill her right there and then. She didn't have a close girlfriend too who could look out for that kind of stuff for her. After the first page..Katie's voice got audibly tired. That's when she was interrupted by a voice offering to continue. Katie turned knowing who's voice it was and the whole class turned dead silent at the situation of the popular captain of the football team wanting to help a nobody read some long passages. Everyone was baffled by this gesture but Connor spoke up explaining that he couldn't hear what Katie was reading. Mr. Richard stopped Connor telling him he can read next week. "Sir, you always ask her to read. I guess its only fair." Katie was horrified at the attention she was getting and all the stares so she quickly excused herself to the toilet.

When she returned, Connor was reading away the passages which was so unlike him and she sort of knew why he offered to read for her although shes's not too sure of anything anymore. As she sat, she was relieved that she checked her dress and it was clean. Whew......thats one thing off a girl's mind. Mr. Richard came over to her desk asking if she's okay. "You don't look too well today." "I'm fine Sir, really.", Katie said aware of the stares from the other girls as Mr. Richard is a tall and handsome 27 year old hot guy. Katie quickly looked back at her book staring intently so Mr. Richard went back front, still looking at Katie discreetly now and then while she stared out the window.

By the end of the class, everyone left and Katie was relieved Connor had also left the classroom so she wouldn't need to go back with him. She wasn't sure if he had forgotten about it or if he was waiting outside, either hurt her so she quietly pushed her way through the hallway to the back gate wincing at the pain.

As Katie took the longer way home, she felt she was gonna pass out under the sun so she went into the woods for the shade and rest. The woods was dark and eerie, sure but when life is so dark, you just don't get afraid of that kind of stuff anymore. At least there isn't anyone there which is good. She worked better and thought better and felt better alone and in the quiet. So she started to take out her notebook to doodle when a text popped up on her phone. "WHERE ARE YOU??" Katie didn't recognised the number and would not believe it was from Connor texting her. Besides that, nobody would want to know where she was so she ignored the text and subsequently, the call.

An hour later when the sun got down a little and Katie had enough rest, she started walking home. A car honked startling her that she dropped her notebook. "Katie, why are you only going home now?", asked Mr. Richard. "I was a little tired...so I rested Sir" "What? Where? You did not go into the woods did you?", asked Mr. Richard. Katie stared down at her feet as it was so difficult for her to lie even if its only a white lie. "Katie, please don't go in there alone. It's not safe, do you hear me?" Katie looked up and nods silently. "Get in, I'll take you home.", said Mr. Richard. "I can walk Sir, its fine, its just in front.", answered Katie. "Your house isn't in front Katie, I know where it is and you need 15 minutes walk. Now get in." Katie got awkward so she just stood there blinking hoping she'd disappear. One look at her and Mr. Richard knew its gonna be a long day so he moved to open his door to get out. Katie scrambled as fast as her feet could take her feeling like dying running with period pain. "Fuck.." Mr Richard swore under his breath and drove slowly following her to make sure she got home.

P/S: Pls Vote and Share! 😘🍕✌🏻️💕🍟🍔