Chapter 7- Kiss Me

"Connor! What the hell?!", shouted Ken. Connor immediately woke up at the loud shouting. He sat up remembering Katie with him but she was still asleep so he pulled away from her and lay her down gently on the couch. He turned to look at Ken but was pushed back at his left shoulder. "What the fuck are you doing sleepin' with my sister? I told you to bring her upstairs man.", shouted a raging Ken. Connor nodded, trying to keep Ken calm and quiet, not wanting to wake the parents and Katie. "I'm so sorry, man.", he apologized. "Why didnt you go home?", asked Ken trying hard to keep his cool. "I got tired.", answered Connor softly. "Yeah, well man go home." I'll see you at school.", said Ken picking Katie up and carrying her up the stairs. Connor let out a breath he didnt know he was holding. He shouldn't have slept with Katie and held her. That was weird to the eyes of her brother, he don't deny that. He checked his watch and it was 6am. Connor must have crashed for a bit at William's place after sending him home from the party. He got in his car and drove home but never going back to sleep that morning till school.

At school that day, Katie walked out of Chemistry down the crowded hallway. People pushed at her always but she did not confront them once. She kept her head down every time she walked the hallways so people wouldn't see her face or notice her there. She don't hate school. She loved learning. But it has been tough with the other kids. She realised if she said that thought out loud she'd be beaten with big book for being a total nerd. As she was walking and daydreaming, she got pushed hard from the back making her step and trip on someone's toes and falling onto that person. Another person fell on that person too, so there was three of them on the floor. "Agghhhhhhhh WTH!!!!", a guy yelled out in pain. Katie and the other kid got up and off of the growling guy. "What the fuck is wrong with you people!!", the guy yelled again. Katie wasn't injured thanks to falling onto the now angry guy. The other kid dusted himself off and walked on to wherever he was headed, leaving Katie to answer to the angry guy. The angry guy got up slowly, holding his left arm and wincing at the pain. Katie helped him up but he shrugged her hand off. "I'm so sorry....", Katie said softly, wearing a worried look on her face. The guy said nothing as he pressed all over his arm to find more injuries and wincing. "Are you okay?", asked Katie gently but anxiously. The guy looked at her dead in the eye. "What do you think?", he said, pushing the nearest room door open and going inside. Katie knew that wasn't a positive answer so she followed him in. "I'll take you to the nurses office.", she anxiously offered as he dropped on the floor in relief. "Don't lie here, please?", said Katie guiltily. The guy just kept his eyes shut and focused on making the pain go away. Katie didn't know how to get him to the nurses office when he's being so stubborn about it. Him being 6'3" doesn't help too. He was so big, Katie cant possibly move him being only 5'4".
She kneeled beside him anxiously asking him how she could help him. A mischievous grin formed on his face as he opened his eyes to look at her. "Kiss me."

Katie looked at the guy in worry. She didn't know what to do. She was sad he wasn't taking his injury seriously. "Please, lets just go to the nurses office?", begged Katie softly. "Kiss me and I'll go to the the nurses office.", said the guy. "Your injury might be serious, please.....we need to go now.", pleaded Katie. "Gimme a kiss.", insisted the guy, amused. "I'm waiting.", he reminded. Katie thought hard before blowing him a kiss. "No no no, I didn't tell you to blow me one.", said the guy. "You dont want me to blow you?", asked Katie, unaware of her poor choice of words. "Well............", replied the guy. Katie stared at her fingers like it was the most interesting thing in the world. "I told you to give me a kiss, not blow me a kiss.", explained the guy. "I........cant.......", trailed Katie. "Just a small one......I won't look.", said the guy, closing his eyes. Katie looked at the guy nervously thinking hard for a way out, but failing when she saw him with closed eyes and trying his best to hide showing winces on his face. He had never let go of his left arm since the fall and Katie knew it was serious. She found no way to get out of it so she kissed the guy lightly on his cheek. He opened his eyes and smiled widely at her. Katie pulled away from him blushing hard at what she had done, but just sat quietly. "How bout 1 more?", asked the guy. "But whyyyyy..", asked Katie worriedly again. "Because I'll go to the nurses office.", answered the guy. "But I've already kissed you for that...", said Katie. "Because I asked nicely.", said the guy. "I can't kiss every guy who asks nicely.", said Katie. "I guess I don't have a good reason.", said the guy. "Why do I have to then?", she asked. "It will make me happy.", said the guy. Katie thought about it and gave in to that reason, leaning in and pecking a kiss on his cheek again. The guy grinned. "Thank you.", he said appreciatively. "No problem.", said Katie shyly. The guy closed his eyes and focus hard on the pain. "Please..more.", he pleaded quietly. Katie watched his face and her heart softened. She instinctively kissed all over his face hoping he will feel better when the door suddenly opened and a guy shouted. CONNOR.

It happened so fast but Katie watched in horror as Connor pulled the guy up by his jacket collar and threw a hard punch to his face. "NOOOO!!!", Katie screamed. Connor just kept throwing punches relentlessly to the guy's face as the guy's head flew back with each hard blow. Katie stood in shock like a rag doll unable to do anything. Connor growled something to the guy in a low voice before pushing him to the wall and leaving the room without a look at Katie. She was so puzzled at what just happened but she quickly ran over to the guy now falling down slowly to the floor with his back against the wall. "Are you okay?!", asked Katie. The guy grunted trying to sit up. The bruises on his face were terrible not to mention his arm was injured. After a while, the guy finally agreed to get up and Katie brought him to the nurses office.