Chapter VX: Cinders

"Our divine arts will guide us, let those who seek darkness be destroyed by the light." -Mages Oath

As me and Morris arrived in the Faylin's capital, Horus and Alimony were waiting with good news. "I spoke with our leaders, the Clans are now enemies, and we are with the Council of Elders." Horus explained. "Then our task here is done." I said. "Yes, and I will represent us." Horus replied. "Is that wise?" Alimony asked concerned. "I guess, our recent skirmish has given me bad times here, it's best I go." Horus replied. "Very well, we should go." Alimony said. "Problem, our Boric can't hold more than three people." I said, Morris was my responsibility, I couldn't leave him, but I couldn't leave a member of the Council here. "Then we'll take the Boric, I'm sure you can walk back." Alimony said, I was annoyed he shoved me and Morris away, but he had a point. "Okay, we could be a while, so be sure you tell Eregast." I replied. "We will." He said, we then grabbed the Boric, so Horus and Alimony could return to the Warlords fortress easily, me and Morris continued ahead through the lush, green forest of Faylin's territory, I felt calm around the area, and I could tell Morris felt free, we continued onward, hoping to reach the Warlords fortress easily.

_Remnants POV_
I looked at my magical crystal to see the results of Reapers armies of warriors, they had passed the Iron Cauldron, despite the losses, I then looked towards the massive fortress ahead of me, the Obsidian Palace, holding place of the Blade of Balanced, and we had arrived before the other insolent kingdoms, one of my subjects then arrived in my chambers. "My master, my scouts have not returned, I fear something dwells inside." He said. "Patient, my follower, we will get the blade in time, we just have to wait and see results come." I replied. "I suppose, lord Decius."He said walking away. The Blade will be ours, even if I have to tear that fortress apart stone by stone to get it.

_Newa POV_
We continued our way through Faylin territory until we reached the end of the green forest, entering the common desolate wastelands of Valeria, we were in the Warlords territory now, we didn't have much ground to cover before we arrived, but a couple of Mages jumped out and surrounded us, Morris readied to attack, but I told him to stand down. "Why do you come for me?" I asked them. "The Mages king, Ordasian, has requested your presence at Emerald Point, we require your assistance." One mage replied. I felt surprised Ordasian would call me back, he may have exiled me months ago, but I couldn't standby, it was urgent, plus it was an opportunity. "Lead the way." I said, the Mages then lead me to Emerald Point, a Mages stronghold, near the edge of Nomads territory, we're they trying to attack the Nomads.

Me, Morris, and the Mages soon arrived at Emerald Point, Ordasian was waiting for me with a smile on his face. "Newa, my dear." Ordasian greeted me. "You came to our aid, the White Mage smiles upon us, through not for long I fear." "How so, master?" I asked. "One of my black mages has stolen a page from the Book of Mages, and fled into Nomad territory with it, I fear he's after the Dragons Fang." Ordasian explained. "That deadly relic?" Morris asked frightened. "Relic?" I asked confused. "Yes, the Dragons Fang, an ancient relic built by the Mages eons ago to support Humanity, it has the power to summon and control dragon's to attack legions and kingdoms with eternal fire." Ordasian explained more. "That is why, we need your help, before he awakens those beast." I looked ahead of the stronghold towards Nomad territory, we had a lot of work to do to convince Ordasian of joining the Council, I then turned my attention back to him. "Master, before this, may we speak?" I asked. "Come, Newa." Ordasian replied, I followed him, telling Morris to stay behind, we entered a small armory to talk, I told him everything that had happened recently, and asked about the Council of Elders, he gave me a look of amusement when I finished. "The Council of Elders, haven't heard them in eons, you really have become the Reborn we needed." Ordasian said smiling. "So, will you join when this is over?" I asked again. "I'm afraid not, but tell them you have our support when this is done." He replied before leading me back outside. "It is time, prepare for battle." I then joined Morris and followed the Mages armies towards the battlefield.

_Nomads POV_
I looked as the Mages came into the massive plains dividing our strongholds, a man in red robes with a staff came to me. "My lady, shall I commence the ritual?" He said. "Yes Wyvern, start immediately, we'll keep any interlopers busy." I replied grinning. "Yes, Lord Vale, but I sense the Reborn is near." I gasped before becoming enraged by that name, Reborn, and she was here, I would avenge Renji by killing her, and once I had the Dragons Fang, the Nomads would rise once again, and claim the blade with an empire of dragon's, I then led my legions of Nomads into battle against the Mages, it was now or never, today, the Nomads would either rise again or die fighting.

Next: Chapter XV: Ashes