Chapter 10

When we arrived at the house, he parked nearby a privacy bush that hid three other cars. Well okay, then. He turned off his car, looked at his steering wheel, and then turned his head toward me. His beautiful green eyes bore into my, making me smile dumbly.

What was wrong with me.
"Why do you stay in dorms?" He asks.

"Ummmm because I go to college..." I reply.

"Well I know that, but I thought that you would have an apartment or something. But I guess it's ideal for you since you live near your classes." He says.

"Yeah, why'd you ask?" I ask back.

He paused for a second but then looked back at me with that irresistible dimple in his cheek.
"Just wondering." He shrugs.

When we got inside, the house was cozy and welcoming as always. It felt so good to be back, and I just couldn't wait to see...

"Em!" Luke yells.
"Luke!" I smile yelling his name.

We hugged each other tightly and I could feel Harry staring at us. I turned to look at him and he had a smile so wide that it made me grin.

"I've missed you so much, E." He says to me.

"Luke, I missed you too, but it has only been 5 hours." I say chuckling.

"More like 5 years. Hey dad, what are we eating tonight?" He asks him.

I could feel Harry's eyes bore into my skin and out of the corner of my eye, I saw him lick his lips.

"I might call Maria if we don't end up ordering something. Where's Amanda?"He asks Luke.

"Oh, she's asleep. She was pret•ty exhausted today." Luke says.

I'm still stuck on him saying that he would call 'Maria' over here.

"Who's Maria?" I ask.

"Oh she's our maid/cook. Dad has known her since he was little. She's nice." Luke says as he chews on an apple.

"Well, I could cook. I like doing it, it helps me relax." I shrug.

Harry bites his lip and then leaned his elbows on the countertop of the island in the center of the kitchen.

"You can cook? You are quite the impresser Emery." Harry says.

I smirked his way and then looked in his refrigerator and started to rummage through it. I pulled out a bag of bag of chicken breasts and some broccoli.

"It will be ready in about an hour." I tell him.
"Okay, I'll just be in the family room. Call me if you need me." He says to me.

I plugged in my EarPods and played music while cooking, just to block out any other noise. Focusing on only the lyrics and the food I'm cooking.

 Focusing on only the lyrics and the food I'm cooking