Panic Cord

* 2 years Later

* Idea credit to Brailleforever for the storyline idea. Thanks xoxo.

" Brandon, please stop." I plead with Brandon as he gathers his things, filling a cardboard box to the brim as he begins to walk to his car. He is silent as he places each box in the back of his trunk. As he comes back into the house for the last box, I gently tug at his hand, " Brandon." I beg as he shakes off my grasp and takes the last box into his arms.

He turns to me as he calmly begins to say, " I'll stop by to pick up the rest of my things tomorrow. Please tell Bailey and Maddy that I love them, very- very much." Brandon begins to tear up as I brush his tears away. He steps back as he turns and leaves. As he starts his car, I run out of the house, " Brandon, Brandon it wasn't true." 

Brandon turns his ignation off as he steps out of his car, " It wasn't true that you had an affair with Wyatt?  Because, he made it pretty clear that it happened." Brandon says as he grits his teeth.

" He was drunk, I swear to you, I was never unfaithful, why don't you trust me?" I ask as he looks down at the ground.

" You didn't cheat on me?" Brandon asks, a question he knows the answer to.

" He kissed me, Brandon. He kissed me, it meant nothing." I say as Brandon turns his back to me, before he turns again to face me, his eyes reddened and his heart torn.

" And that is supposed to make me feel better? If it meant nothing, why didn't you tell me, why did I have to hear it from Wyatt?" He spits back at me, as he emphasizes Wyatt's name.

When I am silent, he asks, " God, Callie, how do I know this baby is even mine?" As he says the words I am taken aback as I begin to tear up. I ball my fists as I walk away from Brandon, slamming the door in his face as he climbs the stairs after me, banging on the door. 

" I'm sorry, Callie." He yells through the door as an awaken Bailey walks into the living room, Jude's teddy bear in one hand as Maddy follows behind her. Bailey takes me hand as I begin to sob. Bailey is everything that I am not- she is strong, she is able to take a defeat and embrace it- she is able to turn all the bad things that the world throws at us, and somehow make it happy, once again. She is Brandon, she is able to make everything right. Maddy sits on the opposite side of the couch- isolated from me, she is like me. She is afraid to get close to anyone, she constantly struggles to believe that everything will work out. I take her hand into mine as she smiles, " Mom," She murmers softly, " He didn't mean it. Daddy loves you." It is these moments, when Maddy makes me believe that she is nothing like me- she is strong, too.

Bailey looks up at me, " Mommy, answer Daddy, please." She says as she squeezes my hand. Getting up I walk to the door. As I open the door, I see Brandon get into his car and back out of the driveway. As he turns, in an instant, a car slams into his side as his car flips over. I run outside as I begin screaming his name. When I reach him, he is unconcious, as I shake him, hoping for him to wake up. " Brandon, please." I beg as Brandon squeezes my hand.