Let's run away

Brandon's POV

" Let's run away." Callie whispers in my ear as the sun begins to rise.

Surprised I run my fingers through my hair and rub my eyes quickly before squinting at her.

" It'd be fun, just me and you. We can leave a note, we can come back tomorrow. Baby, please?" Callie pleads as she playfully rubs her nose against mine.

" Where- I can't believe I'm even saything this-where to?" I ask Callie, surprising myself that I was even feeding into her plans.

"It's a surpise. But - here." Callie says handing me a shirt and pair of shorts. " Put these on- and I'll start the car. Let's go before Stef wakes up." She says before planting a kiss on my forehead. 

I lay in a bed for a few moments before changing into the clothes Callie gave to me and grabbing my wallet on my nightstand. I hurry down the stairs- two at a time, before scribbling a note to Stef and Lena. The last thing I need is for them to be worrying about anyone, especially Callie and I.

I hop in the passenger seat, as Callie starts the car and begins driving down the San Diego Freeway.

In the middle of the ride, Callie plops in a casette tape and pushes play. Suddenly, a Bob Marley song plays and doesn't take long for me to begin to sing to her. 

" A cassette tape? From who?" I ask curiously.

" My dad-Robert gave it to my Mom when she was pregnant with me. I wanted to give it to the baby- you know one day- He gave it to me for my eighteenth birthday." Callie begins and I squeeze her hand and smile at her.

Callie's POV

I pull into an empty park space and grab a scarf from my backseat.

I smile as I say, " Close your eyes, B." as I reach over the counsel and tie the blindfold over his eyes. 

Brandon laughs as he tries to tug off his blindfold, " Callie, we're not kids anymore."

" Let's just be kids today." I say as take his hand into mine.

" How much longer do we have-" A restless Brandon begins as he tugs at his blindfold. He finally is able to take the blindfold as he stares at the empty hall. Before he is able to mutter out a single word, Brandon's favorite Band, The Two Eyed, a little known indie band begins to play.

Brandon looks at me, " You did all of this?" He asks, smiling. " Why?" He questions.

" Because I love you- and it's an early twentieth birthday present." I say as he kisses me gently.

" I love you, Cal. Thank you." Brandon says as he pulls me in front of him and wraps his arms around my waist as we sway to his favorite love song.