I'm Going Home

Brandon's POV

Callie smiles as she grabs my hand and pulls me up with her better arm. When we reach Lena's room, a nurse extends her arm to stop us.

" How may I help you-two?" She asks looking us up and down, I'm sleep deprived and have been wearing the same clothes for the past three days, while Callie is still wearing her hospital gown.

" Yes, we just wanted to see my- our mom, Lena Foster?" I say as I try to gently push past her.

" I'm sorry darling, but visitors are only reserved for family memebers, and you clearly cannot be-" She begins, as she laughs.

" She's our stepmother." Callie begins. " Please- just go ask our mother- Stef Foster." She says softly as she points toward the door.

" So, let me see if this is correct. You two are siblings who are holding hands, and your mother is, well she's, and she's also-" The nurse begins as she hesitates.

" Yes- They are lesbians, and no we aren't siblings, and yes she's half white and half African American." Callie answers like she had rehearsed it.

" So how is she your mom, too?" The nurse questions Callie.

" I was a foster kid, who fell in love with my foster brother, who those women are his real moms but-" Callie begins as I finish, " Their her moms too." I say squeezing her hand gently and rubbing my nose to hers.

" I'll just be back in a moment." The nurse responds going into the room and returning only a few minutes.

" I'm very sorry for the confusion." The nurse says pleading as we brush by her and rush into Lena's room.

Callie's POV

Stef is gripping a sleeping Lena's hand and looks as though she has bauling for hours. She lets go of Lena's hand and runs up to me, wrapping her arms around me as she begins to cry.

" Love, how are you feeling. I stopped by a little while ago- and you were sleeping. Is everything okay with the baby?" Stef begins as she looks at my stomach.

I clench my teeth as I begin to put my head down and cry. Stef craddles me in her arms, whispering how everything will be fine, but I know it cannot be, it won't be. Brandon takes Stef place as Lena opens her eyes and Stef rushes to her side.

" Baby, Love, how are you feeling?" Stef asks as she brushes Lena's hair from her forehead and bows down to kiss her forehead.

" I'm okay love, Callie?" She nearly whispers, motioningally me to her side.

" I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry that this happened, it was all my fault." I begin to cry, as I try to wipe my tears from my eyes.

She tries to hush me, as she wraps her arms around me, " Baby, it isn't your fault. How are you feeling?" She mutters out, struggling to talk.

" I'm-" I begin as she reaches to touch my empty stomach. I shake my head as she reaches up to me as we cry together.

" Let's go home, I'm going home, we're all going home, soon, okay?" Lena says as she tries to smile through her pain.