She will be loved: Baby Foster

Callie's POV

I have been sitting in my car for nearly three hours. The heat turned off nearly an hour ago, and my phone died an hour before that. I get out of my car and look around my surroundings. When I realize that I have no idea where I am, I begin to shrink until I am sitting, my back against the door. As I begin to bring my hands to my face, as tears roll down, I see a car pull up behind mine. Brandon rushes out and pulls me up from the ground. He lifts me into his arms as he softly whispers, " Callie, I am so sorry. I should never had-" Brandon begins as I say, " It was my fault- we need to go to the hospital." I say quietly. Brandon carries me to the car, as he takes off his jacket and lays it out against me.

" You're going to be freezing." I say as Brandon takes my hand into his. 

" Don't worry about me, Cal." Brandon says as he kisses my hand.

" How did you know where I was?" I ask suddenly, as Brandon answers smiling, " I went to moms' and I followed your tracks."

" My tracks?" I whisper, as my contractions begin to pull closer together. I clench Brandon's hand tightly, in pain.

" All of your presents fell out of the trunk." Brandon smirked as he squeezes my hand back.

" No, Brandon. No, I can't believe I didn't shut my trunk doors." I say in disbelief. " I lost everyone's gifts?"

" Don't worry, Cal." Brandon smirks as he continues, " Jesus was following behind me, and stopped and picked them up. He has all of them." 

I smile as I say, " You are the sweetest."

" It was all Jesus, I think Jesus did it more for himself, though. He hasn't been in the gym this whole week,  and he said he needed a workout." Brandon says laughing.

The contractions pick up, as I beg Brandon to drive faster.

" I'm already pushing seventy." Brandon says as he checks the odometer.

" And, I'm about to push out your baby." I say, staring Brandon in the eye as he speeds up.

" Yes, Ma'ma." He says as he smiles, and kisses my forehead. " Any moment- hopefully any hour we're going to have a beautiful baby girl. And I never thanked you." He says smirking.

" Thanked me?" I choke out as Brandon nods and says, " I always wanted to be a dad- and I mean I could have never done this without you."

" I couldn't have done it without you." I say, before adding, " I hate you Brandon, you're making me all emotional." I say as Brandon brushes away a tear from under my eye.

" I never would've thought- nine years ago, I'd be here- with you- starting a family." Brandon says as he squeezes my hand.

" I always knew, it'd be you." I say as we pull up to the entrance of the hospital.

Brandon gets out of the car, as he opens the door and helps me get out. A staff of nurses run out with a wheelchair and wheel me into the hospital. I actually hate this- getting helped is not my forte.

Brandon runs next to me, as he whispers, " Babe, you must hate this." I smile knowing that Brandon knows me perfectly.

Brandon's POV

Callie's doctor, Doctor Tucker comes into the room with a clipboard in her hand. " Hi, Callie, so she's a bit early, huh?"

Callie smiles and softly says, " I guess she's our little Christmas miracle." 

I step next to Callie anxiously." That's okay doctor, right, that she's a little bit early?" 

Doctor Tucker laughs as she places her hand on my shoulder, " She should be perfectly fine-"

She begins as I say, " Both will be-" She cuts me off as she says smiling, " Both Mom and baby." She then adds, " The first time is always the most nerve-racking." When the doctor leaves the room, Callie takes my hand and states," Sit down, Brandon, you're making me nervous."

A nurse comes into the room and wishes best luck to us, as she administrates Callie's medicine.

" I thought we were going natural." I say as Callie squeezes my hand.

" Brandon, if you were in my shoes, you'd be crying like a baby." She teases me playfully.

" I would-" I begin before giving up and laughing, " Cal, you're right."

" When am I not?" Callie says tugging on my hand as I scoot up a chair next to her.

I leave the room to call the entire family, not wanting them to miss this. Suddenly as I am on the phone with Jude, I hear Callie shout from the room, " Brandon, B, Brandon, please." I rush in as a group of doctors rush into the room.

I rush into the room to hold Callie's hand. She clenches my hand,as it suddenly goes numb. 

Doctor Tucker looks over at Callie, " Now, sweetheart, I'm going to need you to push. This baby is eager to come out."

" But, we have to wait- we have to wait for my family." Callie begins as I hear a stammering of footprints come from down the hall. Footprints that only can belong to Fosters'. Mom and Mama rush in first, a camera draped down from her neck. Stef runs over to Callie, kissing her forehead, " Oh, my baby. Love, I am so proud of what you're about to do." Lena begins to rub my shoulder as she looks over at Stef and declares, " We're going to be grandmothers."

Jesus and Mariana walk into the room in sync, as Stella stays at the entrance holding Carter's hand. 

" Where's- where is Jude?" Callie stammers as glances around the room to find him. 

Stef brushes the hair out of Callie's face, " He took a flight out last night on a mission trip to Brazil. He had no idea, it was a spontanous- we let him know- but service is bad." 

Callie began to softly cry, " We've been through everything together- he needs to be here with me." 

I squeeze her hand, as I know something no one else knows. Jude's flight got cancelled and he had been in the airport for the last twenty four hours, trying to find a way home. I sent a driver out to get him and bring him home for Christmas. I brush Callie's tears, " Callie, look."

Jude stands at the entrance, flowers in one hand and a teddy bear in the other. Jude smiles as he remarks, " I hope I didn't miss anything."

I could see in Callie's eyes how much at that moment she wanted to get up and run to Jude, instead Jude ran to her, hugging her softly as she kissed his forehead. " I love you, Jude." She whispered faintly as Jude said, " I love you, Callie."

Doctor Tucker smiled as she said, " You have a very loving family, however policy limits the room to be occupied by mother and father, only. But you are more than welcome to wait in the waiting room, just right outside."

Stef and Lena nod as they both kiss Callie on the forehead and rub my shoulders as they leave. Mariana hugs Callie gently as Jesus holds her hand and wishes her luck.

The doctor gives me scrubs, a blue jumpsuit to short for my six foot frame, and a hat. The sight of me makes Callie burst out in laughter. I smile as I take Callie's hand into mine as the doctor begins to tell Callie, " And- push- Callie I see her head, Callie- push!" It is only a matter of minutes before Bailey is born. As I cut the umbilical cord, I nearly faint. After Bailey is cleaned and weighed, Doctor Tucker brings her to Callie, " Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Foster, weighing six pounds and nine ounces, and at twenty and one quarter inches long, we give you..." A nurse begins a drum roll as the Doctor proudly states, " Bailey Colleen Foster."

As I take Bailey into my arms, I suddenly fall in love all over again. She is beautiful, already with her mother's brown curly hair, and her eyes a light blue that I can't help but imagine will turn into my green eyes. She is perfect in everyway. 

" You did great." I say as I kiss Callie's lips softly.

It only takes a few short moments for our family to run down the hall to the nursery and meet Bailey Foster, the one and only.