siebzehn: baby, just say yes

T H R E E  Y E A R S  L A T E R

MIA

"Thank you for having me, Paris! It's been amazing!" I yelled into the microphone, slightly out of breath. I looked out at the large crowd, all of them on their feet as they screamed excitedly. My heart beat faster and faster, pounding against my ribcage. A warm, fuzzy feeling spread from the top of my head to my toes as I stared at the large arena. No feeling ever beat this. 

The fans started screaming for an encore and the camera flashes started getting brighter. I looked backstage where the stage manager was motioning for me to come back in. I turned back towards the audience and pressed my hand to my lips, blowing kisses toward them before walking backstage. The lights on the stage dimmed and some background music started playing from the stereo.

"Another good show! Good job, Mia." Anna smiled, leaning forward to give me a hug. I returned her hug and wiped off some sweat off my brow. I was still buzzing, as I always was after every show, but especially now. Paris was one of the last shows in the European leg of my 2nd tour. I just had two more shows in the UK before the Asian leg of my tour. 

"Alright, buttercup. Get dressed and get some rest tonight, okay? See you later." Anna said as we reached my dressing room. I thanked her one more time and entered the dressing room, closing the door behind me.

I sighed lightly and sat down on the chair that faced the large vanity mirror. My phone was charing on the table. I grabbed it and slid my thumb across the screen, opening up my messages. 

I tilted my head in confusion when I saw no new messages from Marco since two and a half hours ago when I started my show. 

"Weirdo," I smiled, shaking my head. He was probably asleep on our couch after a game of FIFA with a bag of Cheetos beside him. I've found him in that position one too many times. 

I walked over to where a pile of more comfortable clothes were waiting for me on the velvet couch in the dressing room. I took off the shiny dress that I was wearing all night and pulled on a brown sweater that went down to my mid-thigh. I kicked off my high heels and slipped my feet in some sneakers, groaning in satisfaction.

I walked over to the mirror and gently peeled off my false eyelashes, tossing them in the bin. I grabbed some make-up wipes and took off most of the makeup on my face, leaving on my eyeliner and my mascara. I grabbed a hair-tie from the table and tied my hair into a bun atop my head. 

My stomach was grumbling but no one in the tour group-chat was replying my messages to have dinner with me so I guess I had no choice but to eat room service while watching sappy movies in my hotel room again.

I sighed and grabbed my phone and the charger. I put it all in my bag and made sure I had everything in my bag before walking out of the dressing room. Some of the hair and makeup team were waiting outside the door to come and clear out all the makeup in the dressing room. 

A few bodyguards led me towards the exit of the stadium. They pushed open the heavy exit door for me and led me to the underground parking lot where a car was waiting to take me back to the hotel. 

"Have a safe journey back, Ms. Bauer." one of the bodyguards smiled nicely at me, opening the door to the parking lot.

"Thank you!" I smiled back. 

Instead of a big, black SUV waiting for me as it usually did after every concert, a midnight blue motorcycle took its place. And an even prettier sight, Marco was leaning against the motorcycle, a black helmet balanced between his arm and his hip.