drei: catching up

"The queen is back!" I yelled as I burst into my parents' home. My father sprung up from his spot on the couch where he was watching TV and flung the remote somewhere to the other side of the room.

"YOU'RE BACK!" he yelled loudly before rushing towards me, grasping me in a tight hug. I laughed and hugged him just as tightly, missing him just as much as he missed me. "How was tour?" he yelled.

I ran a hand through my hair, feeling the impact of jet lag hit me straight on. "It was great, but I'm still really sleepy."

My mom poked her head out from the kitchen and a huge grin overtook her face. She quickly ran towards me and threw her arms around me, bumping my father away with a sway of her hips.

"MIA!" she yelled, "We missed you so much!" she squealed. "You have to tell us everything about tour, how was it?" she asked me, a string of questions following her sentence.

Just as I was about to tell her how everything was, she took my arm and led me to the kitchen where she was cooking something for lunch. I ran a hand through my hair and sat down on the stool by the kitchen counter.

"Tour was amazing. I got to see so many cool stuff, and I met lots of great people," I told my mother as she listened on. "I can't believe I'm almost done with my first world tour. It's crazy." I murmured, thinking about how the last few months had gone by so quickly.

"I see your face everywhere I turn," my mother beamed at me as she wiped her hands on her apron. "Your face is plastered on every magazine, and darling, you look gorgeous!" she grinned happily. A smile spread across my face and I thanked her quietly.

"And what about Marco?" she asked.

Marco and my parents have only met once and that was when the three of them took me to the airport just before I left for the first destination on the tour. My parents absolutely adored Marco and they had so many things to talk about and Marco was really polite as well. But we never lasted long enough for the three of them to have another meeting.

"We broke up, mom." I said awkwardly, rubbing the back of my neck. She nodded and took the pan off the stove before turning the heat off. "I know."

"...Then?"

"I can tell you still have some sort of feelings towards him," she said, tapping her fingers on the countertop. "And I know he still has feelings for you too."

"Mom, I—"

"I ran into him a few weeks ago in the grocery store. I was leaving and he was just about to come inside. He helped me carry the bags and he walked me back to the car."

I felt my heart thumping in my chest at the thought of my ex boyfriend and my mother meeting again - and the fact that he was a total gentleman towards her.

"Oh. And?"

"He asked how the family was and then he asked how you were, and then asked a little bit more about you. He's a nice boy, Amelia." my mother mused as she handed me a hot cup of tea.

I looked down at the clear, brown liquid and sighed softly to myself. "Yeah, I know."

+

Three hours into spending time at my parents' house (a.k.a. just me annoying the hell out of them while they did their own thing), my phone started ringing crazily. Expecting it to just be Ava asking if I could hang out, I saw Anna's name flashing on the screen.

I gritted my teeth and rolled my eyes before getting off the couch, telling my dad and Alex that I had to take a call (to which they said 'Thank God' to since I kept talking when their show was on.)

I walked towards the empty kitchen and slid my thumb over the screen, "What is it, Anna?" I asked. "Hey, Mia. Are you busy?"

"Kinda, I—"

"Well, this is urgent. So, do you think you could come to my office?"

"I thought I was supposed to be on a break."

"Me too! But this is really important. It involves Schneider. Can you just come over here so I don't get fired, please?" she begged. I groaned before agreeing. I knew that whatever it was had to be pretty urgent if Anna had to beg me.

Lukas Schneider was the most important person in the management company that managed me - the company that Anna works for. We've met on several occasions and to say that he was intimidating would be an understatement. The whole reason Marco and I met in the first place was because he created the whole idea of doing a publicity stunt. He was an idiot. But he was smart. He was a smart idiot.

I grabbed my bag from the table and said goodbye to my parents and Alex and told them I'd be back for dinner that night. I left and got into my car before driving all the way to Anna's office which was in the center of Dortmund.

When I got there, I parked the car and quickly got into the office. I waved a the receptionist and jabbed my thumb on the button that would take me to Anna's office. I waited for a while before the doors opened again.

I quickly walked towards Anna's office and pushed open the door. "I'm here!" I said.

I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw Marco, Vincent and Anna sitting altogether in the center of the room with Schneider sitting at the head of the table. "Good afternoon, Amelia." Lukas smiled at me. I shot him a fake grin before glancing at Marco who was already staring back at me.

"Um, what's going on here?" I asked.

Lukas pointed at the seat across from him and I took a seat quickly, ignoring the fact that Marco was seated so close to me.

"Great, we have everyone here. Let's get down to business," he said. He took a few papers out of his briefcase and handed them to Marco and I. 

The last time someone handed me a file that thick was when Marco and I met for the first time - when Anna and Vincent told us about the plan.

 "So, we're back to Square One here. I remember the first time I thought up this plan to get you two together. How many months ago has it been? Eleven?" he murmured to himself. "Well, it doesn't matter anyway. I'll cut to the chase - we're extending the contract."

//

this is just a short little chapter but i swear the next one will be packed with drama :D 

comment and vote and tell me what you thought! 

happy reading lovelies!xx