zwolf: stood up

MIA

I looked at my reflection in the mirror and took a deep breath, applying some lipstick to my lips. I made sure my make up was perfect and then smoothed down my dress. I looked at the digital clock I had in my bathroom and saw the time - 6:43.

The restaurant was around 15 minutes away, so I grabbed my clutch bag and made my way outside my room. I locked the door behind me and made my way to the car that Anna prepared for me. I smiled at the driver as he opened the backseat door for me. I got in and he closed the door for me.

Anna and Vincent were forcing Marco and I to go on another date, and ever since my birthday disaster, I was dreading everything Marco-related. But somehow, having him date another girl made my stomach churn and my heart burn. 

I wasn't jealous, but I...

Damn it, I was.

I hated that I had to go through all this during my break from tour. I was meant to be hanging out with my friends and my family. I should've been travelling to other countries and getting a taste of other cultures, but all I got was hanging out with my ex. Correction, my ex who already found himself another girlfriend. Meanwhile, I was single and bitter. 

I couldn't help but hate Marco a little bit. He was the one who tore my heart to shreds all those months ago when he went and had a drunken night with Daniella. But now, he was the one who was happy with another woman. He was happy and I wasn't. I was still heartbroken after all these months.

I didn't realise just how long I was staring off into space. The driver cleared his throat and I snapped out of my thoughts, looking at him. "Oh, sorry...are we here?" I asked him.

"Yes, we are, Ms." he got out of the car and ran all the way around the black range rover and opened the door for me. I thanked him and gave him a little tip before getting out of the car. As expected, paparazzi were everywhere. They snapped pictures of me from every angle and shouted questions at me. 

I smiled for the cameras, but I didn't answer all their questions. I was ushered inside the restaurant and the doors were shut behind me.

"Ah, Ms. Bauer! Welcome to our restaurant," the lady said with a big smile. I thanked her and she led me through the restaurant and eventually to the table where Marco and I were going to have dinner. 

To my surprise, Marco wasn't there yet.

He was usually early, he was the one who made sure we got to events on time so him not being here was pretty weird. However, I just sat down knowing how bad traffic was in Dortmund on Saturday nights. 

The lady handed me a menu and I scanned it for a moment, instead of ordering food just ordering a drink. She left and came back with my drink and a bread basket a few moments later.

People had started to notice me sitting and some even approached me for an autograph and pictures. 

I grabbed my phone from my purse and quickly dialled Marco's number and hit the call button. I pressed the phone to my ear and waited for him to pick up, expecting a rushed 'I'm almost there' or even a 'Sorry, I'm on my way'. 

But after nearly a minute of waiting, I was sent to voicemail. I rolled my eyes and hung up, deciding to try again. 

Maybe he was driving...

I decided on texting him instead. I spammed him a few times and huffed, looking at the time flashing from the top of my phone - 7:34. He was 34 minutes late and I was about to kill him. 

Great, Marco. Add this to the list of things of why I hate you.

MARCO

I laughed as Emily threw an M&M into the air and then caught it in her mouth.