zwei: nostalgia

MARCO

"Mia?"

I looked up from my phone so quickly that I almost got whiplash. Mia was standing in front of Mats with a smile on her face as Mats hurriedly pulled her in for a hug.

I closed my eyes and rubbed them gently and opened them again to make sure that it wasn't the beer that was just making me see stuff.

Mia was actually here. She was back in Dortmund. She was barely 10 feet away from me now, and one of my best friends had her in a death grip. I watched as Sven nearly choked the life out of her, hugging her tightly and jokingly scolding her for never texting him ever.

I've heard from just about everyone that her tour has been going great and that she was already a household name everywhere around the world. The biggest names in the music industry wanted a duet with her. Almost every magazine wanted a photo shoot and an interview with her.

She seemed like a completely different person when I saw pictures of her on the internet or pictures of her face plastered on magazines. She was now "Germany's It Girl" as people called her and now she was standing in front of me.

My ex girlfriend was standing in front of me and I had no idea what to say to her.

My brain wasn't working right. It was too caught up on trying to figure out what to do or say to her.

"You're home." I finally muttered.

What the hell, brain?

Mia nodded slowly, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

Without thinking, I pulled her in for a swift hug.

She let out a surprised gasp and I nearly shít my pants when I realised I was actually hugging Mia again. I never thought that she'd ever let me talk to her again - let alone hug her.

Mia still smelled the same - like fresh flowers with a hint of mint and vanilla.

If we were still together, I would've kissed her right then and there in front of Sven and Mats and never let her go but we weren't together so this probably looked like the weirdest thing ever.

What the hell did I just do?

I froze as I still held Mia in a tight hug. She was awkwardly standing in my grip with one hand on my back.

Mats and Sven were staring at me weirdly and I quickly let go of Mia. "Sorry," I said softly. "I don't know why I did that."

She shot me a small reassuring smile and ran a hand through her brown hair, "It's alright, Marco," she told me. "It's nice to see you too." she laughed softly.

Her bright blue eyes were just as I remembered the last time I saw her. Her brown hair had grown longer, nearly reaching the small of her back. She wasn't too dressed up either. She was wearing a plain white shirt, grey sweatpants, a leather jacket and some Adidas trainers. She wasn't wearing too much make up either, just mascara and lip gloss, but she still looked amazing.

During the three months that she was gone, I tried moving on from her. I tried laughing it off whenever someone talked about her, but the feelings never truly left.

"It was nice seeing you guys," she smiled. "I'll see you guys around, okay?" she said before waving at the three of us. She entered the pub again and I let out a deep breath.

Mats let out the laugh he's been holding in all this time and threw his arm around me, "Wow, Marco. What the hell? That was the weirdest thing I've ever seen in my life. And I've seen Thomas Müller kissing a horse."

I groaned and shoved Mats gently, "Don't compare me to Müller kissing a horse, please. Let's just go home so I can drink more beer and forget this ever happened."

+

MIA

I held in a shriek as Marco pulled me in for a hug.

For a minute, I couldn't do anything but just stand in his arms. My heart felt like it stopped breathing and I couldn't process anything that went into my brain but the fact that Marco Reus was holding me in his arms again.

I awkwardly raised one hand and placed it on his lower back, gently moving it up and down for a while. Marco still wore the same cologne that he used to wear before, the one that stuck to his clothing for days and the one that eventually stuck onto me when I kept wearing his clothes.

My head fit into the crook of his neck like it always has and it brought back so many memories and all of them coming back at full speed made me feel like someone pushed me into a ditch and left me for dead.

I used to wrap my arms around his neck and hold him so close to me that it seemed like we physically couldn't get any closer together, but now it was even weird that my hand was on his back.

Back then, he told me he would be the first one I'd see in the airport and he'd take me home and the both of us would cuddle for hours and just be lazy. I used to feel like his arms were like home to me, but now they felt like just another pair of arms hugging me.

He let go of me and I looked up at him. He blushed bright red and shot me a crooked smile, his dimples poking in on both sides of his cheeks. "Sorry," he muttered softly. "I don't know why I did that."

Right, it's weird cause we broke up.

I plastered a smile on my face, "It's alright, Marco," I said. "It's nice to see you too."

His hazel eyes looked into mine, as if he was waiting for me to say something. I tore my gaze away from him and turned towards Sven and Mats who were grabbing at each other, looking like they were trying their best to hide their laughs.

I shot them both a glare before waving at the both of them, then at Marco. "It was nice seeing you guys," I told them before walking back towards the front door of the pub. Before going back in, I turned around again and looked at straight at Marco, feeling my head swirl with nostalgia.

"I'll see you guys around, okay?"

//

gosh

so this is chapter 2!! hope you guys liked it (:

please vote and comment telling me what you thought about this chappie! 

happy reading, lovelies!xx