Control

Quickly summer turned to fall without much commotion in the Potter household. Fall turned to winter and winter melted into spring as life goes. The household was calm for the most part, James loved Cece with all of his heart and Cece had found that with her adorable looks and a quick smile she could get almost whatever she wanted. She could always find a way to get some extra dessert after dinner, even if she didn't finish her green beans.

Soon enough Cece was three and James was four they were best friends and always played well together, Cece taking the lead and James doing what he could to help her. The particular year when James was four was important for one particular reason, James went to preschool that year. With James, off at preschool making new friends Cece seemed to slip in the rankings, just a bit, no one would ever replace her but there were definitely days where James didn't do exactly what she wanted, not that he would ever let her cry when he pushed it too far and she seemed a bit too upset he would always do what she wanted.

One day James brought home a friend from school, Jake, for a playdate. Jake was also four and was all boy, he wanted to play and run and fly on toy broom sticks. Cece didn't like that James needed to have a friend come over to play when she was perfectly able to play with him without planning. She could, of course, get James to do whatever she wanted with a slight pout of her lip and maybe a tear or two but she still didn't like anything about this Jake boy, or the fact that James had a friend over at all.

Cece had pouted all day when she had heard that there would be another child at their house for James to play with, he was her brother after all, shouldn't he be playing with her, he could play with Jake all day at school anyway. "Jamesie" James heard from his sister's room as he walked by on his way downstairs to greet his friend.

"What?" James asked walking into his sister's room. Cece looked very sad which made him upset and worried not that he quite understood those emotions yet. "What's wrong Cece?" James asked with genuine concern for his baby sister.

"Why do you have to have a play date when you have me to play with?" Cece complained but at that exact moment Mrs. Potter called James down to the other room to play with Jake.

"Cece come play with us," James said with a smile at his baby sister as he lightly pulled on her arm to get her to come along.

'But I don't like to share' Cece thought to herself even though she came along anyway. She needed to see what all the fuss about Jake was about. As soon as she set eyes on Jake and he started to try to pick a game she knew she didn't like Jake, not one bit. Again though, she played anyway, she flew around on toy broomsticks, she played tag and she pouted her way through a boy's verses girl game of soccer. By the time that they were ready for a snack Cece was more than ready for Jake to be leaving.

James left to go ask their mother for snacks and juice boxes and was supposed to report back about what she said. This left Cece with a perfect opportunity to make James not want to play with Jake anymore. She offered to play pass but left the ball hit her hard as she saw James walking back outside to the yard. The force on the caused her to fall over into the slightly muddy grass. James came running over when he saw that and helped Cece up.

"He did that on purpose" Cece yelled pointing at Jake scowling and trying to wipe the mud off of her dress. "Jamesie, Jake tried to hit me!" Cece exclaimed in a very over the top manner to James.

"I didn't not! I didn't not! She's lying!!" Jake shouted back to Cece not quite understanding what he was saying.

"Don't be mean to my baby sister" James scolded Jake even though he was telling the truth. James whole heartedly believed that his baby sister was telling him the entire truth. This was when Cece realized that she had full control over her brother in every shape and form. James was wrapped around her pinky finger and nothing could come between them... Well yet anyway.