The day it all changed

Chapter 1

August 3rd, 1961 was the day it all changed for James Potter. James' mother was on her way to the hospital because he was about to have a baby brother or sister. James wanted a baby brother very, very badly.

About 6 months earlier

"James, we need to talk to you," Mr. Potter said from the kitchen, while Jan\mes was playing with his toys in his playroom. That he very much enjoyed not having to share.

'Uh oh,' James thought to himself as he toddled into the kitchen with his best innocent look. Even though he was still a baby really, he had a knack for getting into things that he wasn't supposed to and making messes much to his parent's dismay so he was no stranger to his parents needing to talk to him. "What do you want me for?" he asked sweetly thinking he was going to get in trouble, but he got the worst news he had ever heard.

"Well, James you're going to have a little brother or sister." His mother said calmly worried about what James was going to think about this news.

"NO! I DONT WANT ONE!" James shouted at his parents, obviously not the response that they had been hoping for.

His mother, Euphemia, sighed and looked down at James before picking him and placing the small angry boy on her lap, "I'm sorry sweetie but it's happening. This doesn't mean that we won't still play with you, it just means that you will get a new playmate. A brother or a sister is just like a built-in best friend" His mother said trying her best to convince James that it wasn't the worst news. Fleamont, James father frowned as James continued to scowl while sitting on his mother's lap, he was sure that the young boy would soon have a response to his mother's attempt at making him feel better.

James thought about what his mother had said for a moment, as he continued to scowl "Why? I don't want to share" he said very matter-of-factly. "if I do HAVE to have one I want a brother because then I can teach him to play quidditch" James perked up at the idea that he might get to teach his little brother how to play quidditch.

"Well, we don't get to decide honey. that's not how it works" his father added a little bit worriedly seeing as James had perked up at the idea of having a brother. Fleamont, while he ultimately just wanted a healthy baby, really was hoping to get a little girl this time. Little James just toddled back into his playroom and continued to play with his toys. The adults shared a worried glance and hoped for the best before returning to being excited about their new son or daughter preferring that to worrying about how James and the baby would get along.

A/N So I guess I'm back, I started this story over 5 years ago I think with no real outline so I am first going to edit and fix my grammar and spelling and inconsistencies within the book and then I am going to go back to updating.