SEVEN

~~~

Xander and Cara manage to get past the paparazzi as they walk into his company, and Cara manages to ignore the stares of his employees as they walk into the elevator.

"What did you mean by you will need me?" Cara asks him the 100th time and Xander ignores for the same amount of time. He presses the button going up, the elevator closes, protecting Cara from the stares.

"Hello, you know it will be a lot easier if you just answer my questions."

Cara waves her hands near his face, which irritates him enough to bring a response out of him.

"Why do you always have to talk?" Xander speaks in frustration.

Cara drops her hands in defeat, "Fine, I'll stop talking." She folds her arms, pouting like a kid that had her candy taken from her.

The elevator dings, following its opening and it reveals a very busy room with people running around. It's like a big conference room, with a wide and long table with chairs and the number of chairs equals the number of computers.

Cara comes out of the elevator, following behind Xander as she stares at the madhouse in awe. Just a few steps in, their movement is blocked by an average height man with blonde hair. "Good thing you are here." Andre lets out a breath of relief, "Let's get away from the ruckus of media clipping." He says as he leads them into another room. Cara follows the two into a much quiet room.

She also notices a girl seated in her own cubicle, who stands up when she sees Xander. "Sir, you are welcome." She says with a bright smile on her face. Xander simply nods acknowledging her presence but didn't stop to look at her. "C-coffee?" She offers as they were all about to work into another room.

Xander and Andre ignore the offer as they walk inside. Cara turns to the girl, who she believes to be Xander's secretary, with a smile on her face, just to be friendly. Cara can only imagine how hard it will be to be working for the ass but she is met by a scowl.

Cara just rolls her eyes as she walks into a well-spaced room. Even though Cara doesn't care what people think of her, she can't help but wonder why she is being hated on by every employee in this building.

Well, fuck them.

She scans the room as the men continue their conversation. The room is simple, white walls and white couches placed around a glass table, with notes in the middle, then a platform where a leather chair and wooden desk is placed. There is also a small bookshelf near the wooden desk with lots of old books, then the chocolate-coloured blinds which allow for adequate lighting.

Boring, and it is definitely Xander's office.

"And that's what the team and I came up with." Andre finishes off. Cara turns to the men, noticing that they have finished talking.

"That can work." Xander nods in acceptance of the plan, while Cara stands watching them like an alien.

Why was she even forced to be here?

"Forgive my manners, I am Andre." Andre steps down from the platform to meet Cara at the couch area, which his hands stretched forth. "And you must be the crazy girl."

Normal people will find those words insulting but Cara sees it as a compliment. "I am Cara." She shakes his surprisingly soft hands. She tilted her head towards Xander's direction with a fake smile on her lips, "And thanks for the description."

"You are welcome." He mirrors her smile.

"You can go ahead and prep her for the interview." Xander waves them off, which Cara would have found rude but she is more concerned about "THE INTERVIEW".