"Did you know that there are two new guys in school?" She looked at me with confusion shown clearly in her eyes. I furrowed my brows as I tried to recall someone mentioning them last week.

"Oh, really? Have you met them yet?" I tried to seem interested but in all honesty, I don't like meeting new people, so I am hoping that she has already introduced herself.

"Yeah, they seem cool, I guess. One is called Scott but I can't remember the other guy's name" She shrugged. "But he seemed to be looking for someone. Anyway, we should be getting to class." 

"Oh okay, well I hope they're not in any of my classes to be honest, you know I don't like meeting new people." I laughed lightly. As we step inside the school, we say our goodbyes as I head off to my first class, calculas. It is by far my least favorite class. I also do AP English Language which is my second class for today. After lunch I have World History so hopefully today won't be so bad. 

***

"Good Morning, everyone. Today we are focusing on.." I have been in this class for 2 minutes and I am already bored. I think I'm just going to be spend the next hour in my own state of my mind. We don't seem to be doing anything interesting today so I don't see any point in making any sort of contribution.

It feels as if I have only been in the room for 15 minutes before the buzzer goes signalling that class has ended. I spent the duration of the class slumped in my chair just finishing my project for World History, just a short essay but it was enough for me to focus on.

As I gather my belongings, Mr Daniels calls me over to his desk. At first I hesitate but I know that wouldn't go down too well. He is quite stubborn.

"Miss Hills." He sighed as I roll my eyes. "You seemed to be... somewhat distant this morning. Is there something bothering you? Is the work we are doing okay for you?" As stubborn as he normally is, he can actually be quite nice when he wants to.

"No, the work is fine. I just wanted to finish my project for one of my other classes. Don't worry, I have already done what have... done today" I lie as I peak over his shoulder to see what he had been writing on the board during class. The truth is that I am extremely behind on my work, I can't focus and it simply does not want to sink into my brain. But I hate asking for help because everyone seems to look down on me. I hate being intimidated.

I bring my focus back to Mr Daniels, who seems to be acting differently today, being sure to not make eye contact so he doesn't notice the lie I just told him. He seems to be looking at me as if he is studying me.

"Well.. I should be going now. I have English to be getting to, and I'm sure you do not want another run-in with Ms. Walters." I laugh lightly trying to ease the tension before exiting the room. But before I can even grab the handle of the door, Mr Daniels stops me.

"Listen, I know you are struggling. If you would like me to tutor you privately, then get your father to contact me. Alright? I know you can pass this class, I have every faith in you." He smiled. "You are very intelligent, you know?" He praised me as he opened the door, then lightly pushing the small of my back signalling that I was dismissed. As much as I hate calculus and that Mr Daniels can be stubborn, but also nice, I must admit that there is something about him that makes me question why he is working here. I mean, he is younger than anyone else who works here. I heard he is only 26, which is very surprising. He has only been working here for 4 months and seems to get on well with students despite his stubborness.

I leave the room without saying another word. I just need to get to English.

As I walk to my locker, I notice that the hallways are completely silent, not even one late student or teacher rushing around in sight. That's unusual, but I brush it off anyway.