Ch. 8

TOBIAS:

I run down the hallways back to the door of the weapons lab. I find Christina, sitting against the wall head in hands. Crying. She doesn't even hear me until I slump down next to her. She stops and looks at me eagerly.

"Well, I'm alive. I made it in to the lab and found Tris. She was shot in the upper back and on her right side just above her hip. She was covered in blood and barely breathing, but still breathing." Christina lets out a sigh of relief. I continue. "I carried her out and took her to the hospital but she passed out before I got there. A nurse gave her a room and got all the doctors. She said I could stay in the room and then I asked to come tell you. She has small chances, but they are still chances," I say choking on my words. My voice is hard and monotone. My instructor side. It's easier to hide emotion under it.
"Oh God. Oh my God." Christina says and drops her face into her hands. "Thank you Four. Oh my God. Thank you." She is shaking.
"If she expected to get away with that with friends like us, she really needs to get to know her friends." I say. Christina gives a short, breathy laugh.
"Four?" She says.
"Yeah?" I answer.
"Thank you. Thank you for being so good to her. Please, don't ever let her go." Christina is still crying into her hands.
"It would have to be over my dead body." I whisper. She laughs.
"I'll go tell the others and meet you in the hospital." She says as she gets up and walks away. Then she turns and adds, "she's not going anywhere soon other than to Chicago, you know." Then she's gone.

__________________________
Thanks for all the reads and to those of you who commented and voted!! Much appreciated!!! 😘

Alright- keep spreading the word, commenting, reading, voting, following and whatnot😊

Comments: Who would you want to have played Uriah in the Divergent movie???