We are still Beating

Divergent Alternative Ending- Uriah doesn't die in this, he is just injured.

(...after Tris is shot when she is deciding what to do...live or join her parents in death... With mom)

I could do it. I could be forgiven for all of it. Everything. Leave this behind; all the sorrows and guilt and pain. But I'd also be leaving Christina. Caleb. Tobias. My heart wrenches so tight I forget the fuzziness in my head. Tobias. My Tobias. Yes, he will survive. I did when my parents died; right? No, I think. Wrong. He got me through it all. He loved me when everyone else who did was gone. Insisted on being my family when I had none. When I didn't deserve it. He still did. If I leave him, I leave him with nothing. No one close enough to really comfort him. I was willing to die for him. I have to be willing to live for him, too.

"Mom," I choke. I taste blood in my throat. Every last bit of me is spent and crying with pain. "I can't. I can't hurt him." My thoughts, sluggish already, are getting lost. He shouldn't go through what I have, he has enough to bare. I think and feel like I'm crying but my body doesn't have enough to even push more tears out, just the ones already mixing with my blood that stains my cheeks.

My mom looks at me, her eyes look bubbly but I can't be sure what is true past my own clouded vision. "Ok," she whispers, "Ok. Beatrice, I love you. You, are truly dauntless. And selfless and smart and honest and above all, kind."

She begins to fade and I feel her hand, that once pulled me to join her, brushing my cheeks, running through my hair; filling my lungs with just. One. More. Breath.

__________________________________________________________________________

First chapter of first story!! Read vote and comment!! Any feedback is so so helpful!! Thank you!!