|Chapter 14|

Lying, stealing, and cheating are commonplace. -Joseph B. Wirthlin

It's a crisp Wednesday evening, and my car's parked in my driveway with Marie sitting beside me

It's a crisp Wednesday evening, and my car's parked in my driveway with Marie sitting beside me. When we were just friends, that would be normal. We'd both exit the car and walk inside to watch movies or just hang out.

Now, that's far from the case.

I've been craving her touch since I've barely spoken to her in days. Some of that is due to the fact that our fling must be kept a secret to the outside.

Although, most of our lack of communication is due to Marie studying like crazy recently, allowing her with very little free time.

The night that I mentioned we should take it slow disappears from my mind as though it never even happened.

My lips leave a delicate touch on her forehead. Then, I move down to her cheek and further away from her lips to graze her neck lightly.

She shivers at my touch, but I try not to get carried away. One step at a time.

Marie changes her mind faster than most people can change their clothes. One minute she wants Chinese food, then Italian, and then Sushi, all within the span of a few seconds.

She's unpredictable, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Finally, I squish her cheeks playfully and kiss her on the lips. Her arms drape around my shoulders; it feels like pure ecstasy as I continue to feel her touch warm me. The silence between us recently has made her needy, not to say that I haven't been wanting her affection myself.

No thoughts enter my head, it's only a blissful quietness I don't experience regularly. I only focus on us. We deepen the kiss, and extreme lust enters my brain with a fervor I've never felt before. Awkwardly reaching over my car's console, my hands find my way onto her slim back.

Marie makes no attempt to stop me, so I continue to push for more. I lift her blouse up slightly, and quickly put my hands underneath the soft fabric. She seems like she is enjoying herself for a moment as my hands explore a previously untouched territory.

Once she fully realizes what I've done, she pulls away to my dismay.

Breathing heavily, she speaks. "I'm...I'm not comfortable with that much PDA yet."

I look around my empty driveway and gesture.

"Marie, there's no one here to watch. PDA must be public after all," I laugh but respect her boundaries as I scoot away from her.

Biting her lip, she changes the subject entirely. "What's up with you and your mom? How did it go the other day?"

"Marie..." I groan, wanting to continue making out with her.

I try to move closer, but she pushes me away. Her arms are crossed, and I know I'm not getting anywhere.

"I'm serious, Avia," Marie deadpans.