Chapter Nineteen - Disciple?! (III)

"Teacher?!" Ché Fù Zhi dropped the tea cup from his hands. If anyone who knew Ché Fù Zhi well, they would've realised that the cup happened to be his favourite one. 

This old man had never been anywhere without it, now he'd just dropped and broken it.

Ché Fù Zhi didn't react for a long time, just continued to stare mouth agape at the young lady opposite him, who lounged comfortably back in her chair.

"Yes, teacher."

"Since when did you receive a teacher?! You're-you're someone's disciple?!" Gāo Ya Mingzhu frowned, seriously thinking back.

"I believe since the day I was born I had always had a teacher so yes, I am someone's disciple." Ché Fù Zhi hands shook. No way! This lass...this lass actually accepted someone as her teacher?! He'd never heard about this before! Li Pan Ju's information network had never picked up this information before.

She's playing with him. She's playing with him. Ché Fù Zhi refused to acknowledged the fact that this little girl claimed to be another soul. He never knew that she had such a mischief streak in her.

"What?!" The door was barged open and the figure of Li Pan Ju stormed in. Pointing his fingers and huffing he questioned, "you're not Gāo Ya Mingzhu?!"

Gāo Ya Mingzhu turned to look at the man and her gaze darkened. How long was he outside the door? How could she not have felt him? It seems that she'll need to start cultivating the minute she gets back home...that was after she tells her family loyal servant about situation. "No, I'm not."

Li Pan Ju stood there for awhile his shoulder shaking, looking down with clenched fist. Not long after, "pftt! Haha haha haha! Little Mingzhu seemed to hit her head against something gramps! Haha! What else did she say?"

"She said she was from the upper realm!" The two men gazed at each other, then burst out laughing.

Gāo Ya Mingzhu stared confused. This was not one of the reactions her teacher had taught her about. What was she suppose to do in this situation? Eradicate them or demonstrate to them?

However, she just sat quietly. Letting the men have their fun.

"Haha! It's not just me that finds this funny then? I'm glad. I'm glad!" Ché Fù Zhi chuckled calming down. Looking at the little girl he said passionately, "Ming-Ming you must have suffered -pftt- hardship *cough* *cough* if you need anything please feel free to ask any of us - pftt-. Excuse me," by the end of the speech, tears was streaking down Ché Fù Zhi's face as he tried to prevent himself from laughing. But even if he tried, Li Pan Ju was openly laughing as he held his stomach, crouching on the floor and slapping it.

With that Ché Fù Zhi stood up gracefully, sprinted out towards the door, grabbing the laughing Li Pan Ju along the way. Once the door closed behind them, sounds of both men laughing could be heard from the other side.

Gāo Ya Mingzhu cocked her had, staring at the empty chair. Was she missing something?

It was late afternoon when she had returned back to the manor. After looking through a few shops and medical herbs, Gāo Ya Mingzhu was satisfied with her adventure for the day.

However, what or rather who greeted her at the door was none other than Sòng Cuī Zhélán. Gāo Ya Mingzhu sighed, as she looked as the red thing in his hands. Ah, was that the phoenix? Why did it look more like a half shredded fur ball?

"Oh, you're back. Did you have fun sightseeing miss Gāo? Did you do all the things that you needed to do?" Gāo Ya Mingzhu smiled as she cautiously made her way to him, stretching her hand out she quickly grabbed held of the silent phoenix from his hands.

Turning the half dead phoenix in her hands, she realised that the small fur ball wasn't even moving. Oh? Did it really die? "Yes, it was rather pleasant. Although, what happened to my little bird?" She replied politely. Mm, she wondered where the feathers had gone. She hoped they hadn't gone to waste. 

She looked at the remaining feathers and frown, why were there so little left?! She'd wanted to pluck the phoenix later, so she could use the feathers for her pillow stuffing. She'd hated only using wooden blocks. Who uses wooden blocks for a pillow?! Her neck nearly broke lat night!

Gāo Ya Mingzhu was feeling very sorry for herself, as she bought the little phoenix to her mouth and gently kissed the feathers. Ah! Such soft feathers! Oh how she wanted them! Tears glistered in her eyes, how could someone be so cruel to steal from her?! 

Sòng Cuī Zhélán smirked as he saw the sadness in his little fox eyes, let's see if you cry! Every girl would cry in distress when they see cute things in such a sorry state, so then when she cried, he, Sòng Cuī Zhélán will hold and comfort her...and poof she'll instantly fall head over heels in love with him! Ah, great plan! Great plan!

Sòng Cuī Zhélán had to admit, even if the bird had been thrown at him and landed in an awkward position, even he found the little bird cute. So when he had planned his torture out for the little creature, he'd made his bodyguard do it, while he had viewed the beautiful overgrown garden. 

The shadow guard was feeling extremely depressed, sitting in the corner as he pulled on the weeds. How could his young master make him commit such a crime! The little red chicken was chirping at him, while he was plucking his feather off. As if begging him to stop with the torture. His heart had ached terribly. However, how could the shadow guard disobey his orders? 

Sighing, Gāo Ya Mingzhu looked up at the smiling Sòng Cuī Zhélán, "thank you master Sòng for returning the little phoenix to me," she made her way into the open doors of the mansion and walked towards the overgrown garden.

Her response was definitely not what Sòng Cuī Zhélán had in mind. Maybe his little fox was one of the types to grieve in silence. So all he has to do is to follow her, and when she cries he'll just swoop down and comfort her! 

Walking around she spotted the silent shadow guard on the ground. Oh? Are the people in the lower realm so talentless that they had to pick the weeds by hand? Shaking her head she sighed as she found a clear patch of dirt in the middle of the garden. 

Laying the phoenix gently onto the ground, Gāo Ya Mingzhu lifted her foot...and aimed it in the direction of the little phoenix.